Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I agree. Sometimes after a fiasco like Sat a bit of a "cooling off" period before commenting might be wise. JWs been much better media wise than GB was and I agree he needs to be given a bit of time. As for Dick, I was torn but thought his time was up. Maybe looking at his current success he could have been given more time but there was no sign of an upturn whatsoever when he was axed. This season was always going to be tougher and there wasn't much room for any transfer letdowns and we appear to have made a lot of poor signings. Only coming into Nov though so a lot to play for yet and we are not adrift or anything.After 40 years of supporting the Loons I've seen this scenario a fair few times and hope this is one of the ones that turns out Ok in the end. Doubt home to Falkirk will be the turning point though..

I hope Jim gets more time, he deserves it for what he's done the last two seasons. Our best season last year since when?

Kirkpatrick, Forbes, Tapping and Jackson are all proven at this level and on paper were very good signings. It might help if they knew week to week where or even if they were playing.

28 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I hope Jim gets more time, he deserves it for what he's done the last two seasons. Our best season last year since when?

Kirkpatrick, Forbes, Tapping and Jackson are all proven at this level and on paper were very good signings. It might help if they knew week to week where or even if they were playing.

Dick had his best season and was punted after a dismal spell...Bollan followed suit....this is no different to them, if JW cannot get his signings to start playing then he will be out. (not before xmas i think) Smith takes over and relegation will be a cert.

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

He wouldn't be appointed if Weir left.

In any case weren't you rushing on here to tell us a board member had said to you we couldn't afford to sack Weir? 

Nobody said anything to me.....at this moment i understand we couldn't afford to pay a manager off.

We can all say that JW deserves the chance to sort this out but there will come a point where something may have to be done regardless.

Lets look back to last season, bad run of results but we found a formula that worked, Baird, Eckersley and Spencer were 3 players that were always going to be hard to replace, unfortunately Jackson, Tapping and Burns haven't been able to fill those shoes.

Throw in the form of Kirkpatrick- Forbes, 2 players who were tipped to set the heather alight.

Docherty is a holding midfielder but has played all over the back 4 because JW knows we have issues there.(no idea why the weren't rectified pre season)

The 2 loan strikers for me aren't going to improve us.

Xmas window will now be crucial to try and find a few golden nuggets....hopefully not chicken.

On 26/10/2019 at 19:04, tbsouth said:

When you hear "1 win out of 11"......"we can't afford to sack him" from a long standing board member it really tells you we are in the shit.

😕

4 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Nobody said anything to me.....at this moment i understand we couldn't afford to pay a manager off.

Hmm

Guest bernardblack

Tapping, Forbes and Kirkpatrick will come good. Get Jackson playing with Hilson again and that’s a strong bunch of attacking players before even adding Coupe etc.

We’ve got one of the best keepers in the league and Meechan, Travis and Whyte are solid.

Just need a couple of decent results and a wee run and we’ll be fine

34 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Tapping, Forbes and Kirkpatrick will come good. Get Jackson playing with Hilson again and that’s a strong bunch of attacking players before even adding Coupe etc.

We’ve got one of the best keepers in the league and Meechan, Travis and Whyte are solid.

What have you seen this season that makes you think any of this will actually happen?

We haven't played well at any point for me to agree with anything you have said sadly.

47 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Admire your optimism. Don ‘t share it based on what we are seeing.

Guest bernardblack
What have you seen this season that makes you think any of this will actually happen?
We haven't played well at any point for me to agree with anything you have said sadly.

We won five of our first six games, only losing to premiership Ross County.