Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Would drop Forbes and play A. N. Other. His attitude today for the 10/15 mins before he was hooked was embarrassing. Body language all wrong and basically, the impression I got was, he gave up trying.

Short on options, definitely not Tapping, so not sure on a replacement.

Totally agree, Forbes attitude is terrible. I’d stick Kirkpatrick in where you had Forbes and bring in McLean; thought he’s looked ok.

Two losses against Falkirk and the mo might be enough for Jim to go!

36 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What a terrible interview with Weir. Every player watching that will be sucked into the negativity and despair. And it's not like his assistant Barry Smith can save the day with his dazzling personality, devastating wit and repartee. Or ability. The morose arsehole.

Smith was doing most of the instructions from the bench yesterday , him taking over is a terrifying prospect - will save me some money though if he did.

Smith was doing most of the instructions from the bench yesterday , him taking over is a terrifying prospect - will save me some money though if he did.
I thought when we (Raith) played you a few weeks ago you looked fairly sound at stopping us playing, last minute lapse of concentration notwithstanding. We did gift you a goal, but what's happened?

Ray McKinnon might be looking for a gig soon...

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I thought when we (Raith) played you a few weeks ago you looked fairly sound at stopping us playing, last minute lapse of concentration notwithstanding. We did gift you a goal, but what's happened?

Ray McKinnon might be looking for a gig soon...

Defence and goalkeeper still reasonable but when there is little in front of them and the ball keeps coming back it will eventually catch up on everyone. It did second half yesterday.

Agreed. Terrible management. Not professional at all.

What a terrible interview with Weir. Every player watching that will be sucked into the negativity and despair. And it's not like his assistant Barry Smith can save the day with his dazzling personality, devastating wit and repartee. Or ability. The morose arsehole.

Speaking as P&B's Ross Forbes expert, you can usually gauge the mood of the team by his performances. When we played well last season he was tenacious, hardworking and usually either scored or set up a goal. When we weren't he looked sulky, miserable and violently whipped crosses out of play. 

As an outsider, and based on the showing at the Rock earlier this month, you look exactly like Stevie Aitken's Dumbarton from last season. Which is unfortunate.

That's a last throw of the dice from Weir. You'll see now how much respect he has in the dressing room. If they respect him then surely watching that interview would cause some sort of upturn in form, it's clear Weir's at rock bottom. If he's lost the dressing room though, I can see a few more 3 and 4 goal defeats for Forfar in the coming weeks. I'll certainly be backing the latter at the bookies next week anyway.

Guest bernardblack
That's a last throw of the dice from Weir. You'll see now how much respect he has in the dressing room. If they respect him then surely watching that interview would cause some sort of upturn in form, it's clear Weir's at rock bottom. If he's lost the dressing room though, I can see a few more 3 and 4 goal defeats for Forfar in the coming weeks. I'll certainly be backing the latter at the bookies next week anyway.

He looked utterly depressed. Hope somebody is checking he’s okay

I would agree. He's done a pretty solid job up until now and it's a bit early to be thinking of sackings. Signing a load of Brechin players seemed trading downward and has proven so but he's done enough to get some time to sort it out.

What would be the point of sacking Weir? Rough patch just now, but give him time

I can't help but feel dejavue here. A good manager has a great season just missing out on promotion through the playoffs then losing some quality in the close season but start the new season with a couple of decent cup games and a spritely start to league before a bad spell and a loss of belief in the team. Just like the end of Dick's reign.  I always thought Dick should have given longer but the chairman at the time had an ego and dispensed with him too soon. Our current chairman is a proper football guy who will understand things better and is far more of a gentleman and I believe will give Jim the chance to put things right. That is, of course, if Jim is up for the fight? He claimed in yesterday's post match interview he's a winner but he didn't look like he believed that, he looks defeated and broken.