Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Regarding the posts on the steward (RoboCop) and the drummer boys on Saturdays match thread -
The players seem to really appreciate the lads efforts, so would it be a good idea if the club got involved?
Bring (some of) them in and let them meet players, JW or Barry S. At the same time the club could put forward some guidelines regarding behaviour. Nothing too serious or heavy.
I was told by one of the stewards at Stranraer that they have taken their drummer lads under their wing. They even bought the drum!
For me, I've been to games where they've made a difference to the atmosphere. Killy last season being a prime example.

Regarding the posts on the steward (RoboCop) and the drummer boys on Saturdays match thread -
The players seem to really appreciate the lads efforts, so would it be a good idea if the club got involved?
Bring (some of) them in and let them meet players, JW or Barry S. At the same time the club could put forward some guidelines regarding behaviour. Nothing too serious or heavy.
I was told by one of the stewards at Stranraer that they have taken their drummer lads under their wing. They even bought the drum!
For me, I've been to games where they've made a difference to the atmosphere. Killy last season being a prime example.

After several meetings with the directors nothing has changed , the boys had attended a meeting a while ago but still nothing has changed with the stewards , you could tell how quiet they were on Saturday , 4 police and a total knob of a steward made sure they were quiet

After several meetings with the directors nothing has changed , the boys had attended a meeting a while ago but still nothing has changed with the stewards , you could tell how quiet they were on Saturday , 4 police and a total knob of a steward made sure they were quiet
Good to hear the club has already engaged with the loons, good on them.
It would be a real shame if their enthusiasm gets trodden on due to the stewarding. Might need bringing up at the AGM.

Guest bernardblack

Not like stewards at this level to see people enjoying themselves and immediately try and nip it in the bud

Exactly. It’s not the fans that are the problem here.....

Im assuming that this poor opinion of the stewarding at Station Park is common knowledge? i.e. David Mcgregor et al are aware also of the low opinion thats displayed on these pages? The picture painted on here about the stewarding,(Im a rare visitor as Im way South), appears very bleak. Could the matter be addressed possibly at an A.G.M? 

Im assuming that this poor opinion of the stewarding at Station Park is common knowledge? i.e. David Mcgregor et al are aware also of the low opinion thats displayed on these pages? The picture painted on here about the stewarding,(Im a rare visitor as Im way South), appears very bleak. Could the matter be addressed possibly at an A.G.M? 

The problem has been addressed and brought too the boards attention several times and also several letters written and meetings been held , but nothing has changed ,

On 4 October 2019 at 10:16, loon74 said:

The problem has been addressed and brought too the boards attention several times and also several letters written and meetings been held , but nothing has changed ,

I was one of, if not the first to write to the board and complain about that newly promoted steward a few years ago. Mr Donald was the chairman at the time and I got a constructive reply (though perhaps he was just telling me what he thought I wanted to hear). The matter was raised at a board meeting and discussed then the security officer (the wee self important guy who stands in the tunnel not wearing a hi-vis muttering into his radio the whole time) was consulted. I received a reply from him which was patronising to say the least. I later had a meeting with him but was basically told to p155 off as he knew better and thought he was doing an exemplary job.

If the security officer believes that guy is a suitable head steward after his aggressive, confrontational approach towards me is appropriate then he is no more suited to his position than Robocop steward. God knows I wouldn't want to be a steward but there must be more suitable candidates than those we have and are paying to destroy the atmosphere on our terraces.

Rant over.