Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

I didn’t mean the difference between the different leagues, but the tough competition within each league, and I think the championship and league 1 have the most evenly matched teams within their own league.

Ah, sorry misread.  yes, you probably are correct

Afternoon folks. Excuse the appearance of an Airdrie fan on your page. I run a couple of fans teams for Airdrie - primarily an 11 a side team of Airdrie fans who play in the IFA and who play the fans of teams who Airdrie are playing in the afternoon. You guys used to have a team many years ago, but it fell away. Just wondering if there was any appetite to get a team together for a couple of friendlies this year when we play at the Rock and vice versa? All good natured stuff and a lot goes down on the social side and having a few beers between matches.

We also have a bunch of Walking Footballers - ie the aulder guys - who are looking to maybe do the same thing? Get a game of 5's or 7's before the big teams play then get a pint and a blether.

2 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Good morning loons. I understand Lewis Moore played quite a few games for you last season. What can is bairns expect from him?

We're all in the top of the league thread just now, I just popped back to see if there was any mail.

Just the 1 - Answered this on the Falkirk thread the other day. 

He was ok, but as I said, I thought our team played better without him in the team.

Starts 18

Subs 11

Goals 3

Assists 5

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

We have to start the team that ended today.

Burns is simply not up to standard at this level

Tending to agree about Burns but have some sympathy for Weir given he thought Eckersley was signed up. But Jamie Bain at left back is not the answer, saw that last season don’t need to see it again. The Montrose game on Tuesday cemented for me that Coupe and Aitken are subs not starters at the moment. Playing either ahead of current options not going to happen. We do need another centre half and a striker that is decent in the air and can hold a ball up though, oh for a young Sanny.