Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Another diddy team like Dundee or united at home would be nice
Can't get either! Utd oot and Dundee would be unseeded if they get through.

We can get, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs, Motherwell, Livi or Ross County.

Don't think we've played Hibs since the 60s and I can see Easter Road from my work so they'd be ideal.

I've never seen us play Celtic, plus that'd be a big crowd.

Failing those two I've never been to Motherwell so would take that.

Guaranteed Livi or County away now!

Ugly sisters can gtf.
Like the sound of Hibs though.
Could handle a beer or three in Leith [emoji39]

BBC sport seems to be saying £40k for getting through the group stage. Nice if true. Can anyone confirm?

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Positive from the negative we stand a chance of potentially beating livi...emoji849.png

To be honest wasnt the best draw for both sides. However it does give both a decent chance of getting to the next round.We certainly wont be taking yous lightly in what is going to be a tougher game than some people think. Looking forward to it and hopefully a good game.

Congrats on your Betfred Cup success .  You lads might have been hoping for a  ( no disrespect to Livi )  bigger club in the draw but i think this gives you a decent shout  for further progression . Meant to comment on this before so please allow me to do this now  .  When Andy Jackson scored his first goal for Forfar against  City  the way he reacted  to this was very low key and very respectful . Andy showed not only is he a good player but also a true gent .   All the best for the coming season  to you all.

4 hours ago, underpar said:

Congrats on your Betfred Cup success .  You lads might have been hoping for a  ( no disrespect to Livi )  bigger club in the draw but i think this gives you a decent shout  for further progression . Meant to comment on this before so please allow me to do this now  .  When Andy Jackson scored his first goal for Forfar against  City  the way he reacted  to this was very low key and very respectful . Andy showed not only is he a good player but also a true gent .   All the best for the coming season  to you all.

Livi is a game we can win, it won't be easy but Jim's boys should have the belief in themselves to do it.

I wasn't against Jim getting the job but wasn't exactly enamoured either. I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and wrong I was. Jim Weir has brought back the feel good factor, better than in Dick's best period and more like Tommy Campbell's best period. I'm optimistic he may well be up there with Archie Knox, Alex Rae and Doug Houston.

i had the misfortune to miss Saturday's game (one of less than a dozen home matches In well over 40 years a supporter) but I'm loving experiencing a buzz about attending Station Park again.

Well said underpar, I commented on Jacko's "celebration" on here after our match. Class restraint shown by him.

After the Brechin match with us I feared for Brechin but was at the Brechin-Ross County game and though the Staggies win was never in doubt, I thought Brechin were much improved and played some very decent football for spells. All the best to your team underpar, hopefully see you back in League 1 next season.

5 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

The Championship and League 1 are both tough divisions, the other 2 have divides between top and bottom.

Falkirk are hyped up like Raith before them.

I think Forfar are going to be 2019 / 20 League champions.

I would say the complete opposite.  The gap between Championship and League 1 is the biggest jump, hence full timers and part time, finances and crowds.  I can't see Arbroath doing what your team did last season for example.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I would say the complete opposite.  The gap between Championship and League 1 is the biggest jump, hence full timers and part time, finances and crowds.  I can't see Arbroath doing what your team did last season for example.

I didn’t mean the difference between the different leagues, but the tough competition within each league, and I think the championship and league 1 have the most evenly matched teams within their own league.