Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

12 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Thought that was a really strong performance today against a fairly poor Brechin side. Travis header from a Kirkpatrick corner opened the scoring. Couldn't believe the space that Kirkpatrick had to exploit on the left. He had an outstanding game and his goal from a free kick was a cracker. Docherty continues to impress and Forbes can fairly pass the ball. Some good play saw Hilson feed Jackson who headed in. Coupe came on for Forbes and ran Brechin ragged. Swapped sides with Kirkpatrick and Brechin defence couldn't get to grips with either. Aitken on for Jackson. 

No point getting too excited though as Brechin are clearly struggling, but things are looking good. Thought Knox had a really good game for Brechin and he was unlucky not to score, his run and shot coming back off the post.

I think you are being VERY kind saying a fairly poor Brechin side and I think you are maybe looking too much into Forfar's  performances they were against a 44 year old man and a bunch of laddie's that were playing together for the first time.

Some little signs that maybe we can put a side together that may survive this season:pray:, as for Forfar they are a really decent side with a bit of depth in their pool of players but I would think you will have much sterner tests this year !!

52 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Some little signs that maybe we can put a side together that may survive this season:pray:, as for Forfar they are a really decent side with a bit of depth in their pool of players but I would think you will have much sterner tests this year !!

Cheers! Hope your team can pull together and do well. We will definitely have tougher games but we have the shape of a good team.

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Highlighths of the cup game are now up on Hedge TV, I won't post the link as the Brechin poster Angus thinks I've targeted their team this season....

I had to stop watching, slipping the club badge over every edit break is fucking annoying.

Guest bernardblack
Mark Docherty impressed me on Saturday would like to see him and tapping in the midfield on Saturday.

He had a good game. He does love to try that wee clip over the top once too often though.

Tapps oan. Wheels aff for a daft Montrose penalty. A referee that seemed to upset Montrose fans, and a touchline sending off. Two for Travis and two penalties for Hilson. The game was as weird as today's weather.

Good to see Tapping and he had some fine touches and passes and a cracking shot off the post. Kirkpatrick didn't get enough of the ball in the first half for me but Docherty continues to impress with his marshalling of the team and total commitment. Hilson OK  today but maybe a bit sluggish - his holding the ball up is still great to watch. Coupe did well, replaced by Forbes. Ah, Ross Forbes. Top player. Meechan on for Bain who surely keeps this position. Robertson still finding his way but like Burns will probably hit form, hopefully quite soon.

Guest bernardblack
Forbes' left foot is absolutely lethal, him cutting in off the right and Kirkpatrick in off the left is gonna be fun.

Docherty just doesn't stop talking does he?

I love how much he talks through a game, never shuts up!

Our squad looks in really good shape this season. Keeper and the back four pick themselves and then Forbes, Kirkpatrick, Hilson, Jackson, Coupe and Aitken to pick from up top.

Edit to add I would start Irvine and Tapping in the middle of the park.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Anyone head north last night?

What is wrong with Hilson?

Last night was a free hit and we never took it.  All guns for Saturday, nothing to lose now.

Hilson was suspended.

Team played really well. But denied a couple of obvious fouls around the box.

We were really missing Hilsons work rate upfront. Muzza also picked up a knock.

Tapping likes to slide in to 50/50’s regularly not winning them.

What a performance and what a result that was the day!
Pass marks for every single player, thought the back four performed very resolute, Tapping was very good today, Hilson ran himself into the ground as usual, if only he could make that killer pass he’d be unplayable!
Ross Forbes left foot is gifted.

Jackson impressed me today, chased down a a fair bit more than normal & drew in countless fouls.

Thrilled to go through to the next round! [emoji1319][emoji170]

A great result and totally deserved. In fact could have been 3 or 4. Saints were shaky from the start and never recovered from the early goal. Hilson, superb the whole game, found Forbes who crossed low for Tapping to tuck into the net. The threat that Kilpatrick and Forbes have lurking wide is going to pose problems for defences this season. Maybe unfair to single some players out as this was a great team performance, but Travis was excellent with great tackles and holding the defensive line. Meechan, Hilson and Kirkpatrick all put in a great shift. And Forbes, ah Ross Forbes. What a strike for the second. Special mention to Kirkpatrick for running a couple of defenders ragged. I could watch him run all day and it looks like he could run all day. Great stuff. Well done, lads.