Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Very, very surprised that you have signed Mcguff. 

Why?

He's a body to sit on the bench only. Would think he'll have the same chance of displacing McCallum as all the other keepers we have had.

As for Saturday thought we looked pretty good but as expected the loss of Baird and Eckersley will be hard to deal with (I think the players we have brought in to replace Easton, Reilly, Spencer and Malone are as good or better personally). Certainly plenty of midfield options but think we need another striker and centre half in the mix.

Guest bernardblack
On the evidence of last season, which is admittedly scant in Sam McGuff's case, Forfar now have the best and worst goalkeepers in the division.

How often did he play?

Fair number of positives from the 1-0 win over Morton today. Coupe started and had an excellent game. Great run and shot (20 mins) from a good cross field pass. Came off with 20 minutes left, replaced by Aitken. Kirkpatrick showing some good touches, does a power of running and a good goal after fine Forfar play down the right. He's linking up nicely with Hilson. Thought Docherty was excellent. Still unsure about Burns.

Jackson, Tapping, Whyte & Meechan on for McIntosh (very good performance), Forbes (very quiet) Docherty and Burns at half time. Jack Allan came on for Irvine late on. Meechan did very well, as did Tapping. Whyte looked good but Jackson disappointing. Early days.

Burns has big shoes to fill, maybe we are all expecting a bit too much, early days though.

Not sure if wide right is Forbes position, i would rather see him in beside Irvine-Muzza or Docherty

Tapping or Kirkpatrick wide with Coupe(definite starter) on the other.

I can see Hilson playing in the Baird role if Jackson starts.

Would have liked another Centre half and a Striker but that doesn't look likely now.

Guest bernardblack

I’m very excited at the prospect of Forbes playing on the right and cutting inside at every opportunity

20 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Burns has big shoes to fill, maybe we are all expecting a bit too much, early days though.

Not sure if wide right is Forbes position, i would rather see him in beside Irvine-Muzza or Docherty

Tapping or Kirkpatrick wide with Coupe(definite starter) on the other.

I can see Hilson playing in the Baird role if Jackson starts.

Would have liked another Centre half and a Striker but that doesn't look likely now.

Forbes is a million times better wide on the right than he is in the middle imo. Games pass him by and his lack of pace is exposed in the middle, out wide he can rip it out of full-backs, cut inside and shoot and has more time to ping balls about. His delivery is obviously different class as well.

I miss him already 😭

Guest bernardblack
Forbes is a million times better wide on the right than he is in the middle imo. Games pass him by and his lack of pace is exposed in the middle, out wide he can rip it out of full-backs, cut inside and shoot and has more time to ping balls about. His delivery is obviously different class as well.
I miss him already [emoji24]

Really excited to see him play this season.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I miss him already 😭

Oh no doubt he has looked dangerous at times but chasing back is not his thing. May take us a while to find the best starting 11.

Thought that was a really strong performance today against a fairly poor Brechin side. Travis header from a Kirkpatrick corner opened the scoring. Couldn't believe the space that Kirkpatrick had to exploit on the left. He had an outstanding game and his goal from a free kick was a cracker. Docherty continues to impress and Forbes can fairly pass the ball. Some good play saw Hilson feed Jackson who headed in. Coupe came on for Forbes and ran Brechin ragged. Swapped sides with Kirkpatrick and Brechin defence couldn't get to grips with either. Aitken on for Jackson. 

No point getting too excited though as Brechin are clearly struggling, but things are looking good. Thought Knox had a really good game for Brechin and he was unlucky not to score, his run and shot coming back off the post.