Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Its Thurs 27th of June. Ive just checked in to P&B for any latest updates regarding Forfar Athletic. Transfers? Any noteworthy news? Boardroom whispers? Etc, etc. And nothing. Nothing since 8pm on Sunday. What a club. 

Match preview for Saturday is up on the official site and Facebook, probably twitter too but I don't use that.

Sure there'll be further rumours from Saturday.

We have 17 signed players so there won't be many more to come in, definitely need a sub goalie but that's a hard position to recruit for. I'd imagine there'll be a couple of loans but they'll probably be August before they arrive

Managed to catch the first half today. Early days but I was quite happy with the team. Burns was probably least on form and seemed a bit unsure but Dunfermline were sleek and fast moving so maybe short of pace today. Tapping is certainly one to watch - great work rate and movement. Kirkpatrick had nice touches. Jackson seems to be carrying a couple of extra pounds. Probably just coincidence there were no bridies left before the game had started...

Ross Forbes looking good. He'll be a key player this season.

No problems with guys from last season. All did well and Hilson looks set to continue as he finished last season. Chases every ball, upsets defenders and his control is still excellent.

On 29/06/2019 at 17:16, The Skelpit Lug said:

Managed to catch the first half today. Early days but I was quite happy with the team. Burns was probably least on form and seemed a bit unsure but Dunfermline were sleek and fast moving so maybe short of pace today. Tapping is certainly one to watch - great work rate and movement. Kirkpatrick had nice touches. Jackson seems to be carrying a couple of extra pounds. Probably just coincidence there were no bridies left before the game had started...

Ross Forbes looking good. He'll be a key player this season.

No problems with guys from last season. All did well and Hilson looks set to continue as he finished last season. Chases every ball, upsets defenders and his control is still excellent.

I was at the game on Saturday and have to say that Forfar looks a bloody good team. Some very neat play up front and a fair bit pace too. Your forward play was excellent and kept both our keepers very busy.  You guys have a good team on your hands, and by all accounts it’s still getting built? 

Our second half team appeared to have a lot more energy in their play and looked no to bad at all, still couldn’t get through your defence though. 

I enjoyed my trip up the road, and could see that we have some really good players on our hands, we just have to hope that the Craw can find a winning combination amongst our players. 

On 29/06/2019 at 17:16, tbsouth said:

Good run out today, 10 minute spell in the 1st half where the defence looked ragged but otherwise we were the better side in both halfs.

I can’t argue with that. Forfar looked really sharp and quick. Judging by that performance you guys should easily be contenders for top four.