Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Anyone know what happened to Chris McLaughlin who we had on loan from United? Sure he played for Dumbarton then went to oz? Liked him at left back
He was good with us but spent half of the season injured. At the end of the 2017/18 season we offered him a deal, he was widely linked with Ross County (who you had him on loan from, not Utd) but it never materialised and he fucked off to Australia to play for some jobber team called Stirling Lions. He didn't last long there and actually appeared for one of the local Dumbarton amateur teams upon his return where he was apparently so unfit he had to be hooked at half time. The last I heard he was away back to Australia but god knows what his footballing situation is. Wikipedia suggests he's still with the jobbers but I've no idea whether that's up to date.

It sounds like he's made a bit of an arse of his football career but who knows. I always thought rejecting a deal with us was a bad move but if he's happy enough in Australia then fair play to him.

No point in dwelling on players who have left, good though he was.Burns is a very solid replacement, I've liked him everytime i've seen him.

Callum Tapping next through from the Angus vortex please.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

17 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Forbes is a quality player with a sweet ping on him, losing Adam is a major blow but i would love to see Steeves brought back in there, very much a like for like full back.

Eh? We've just signed Sean Burns and Mark Docherty.

18 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Forbes is a quality player with a sweet ping on him, losing Adam is a major blow but i would love to see Steeves brought back in there, very much a like for like full back.

You could always play Forbes at left-back...

14 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Cheers Stevie Aitken!

I'm assuming you're holding off on Dom Thomas before changing your user nameemoji6.png

Forbes at left-back was a Jim Duffy thing to be fair, he was good there too. Better at LB than CM but at his best on RM imo.