Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
We have the nucleus of a really good side, just need 2 or 3 signings to see us challenging for the top spots again next season.
JW has the team heading in the right direction now.

Agreed. Keeper and back four are solid.

I think we need a centre mid, another centre half, a number ten and another striker.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

Agreed. Keeper and back four are solid.

I think we need a centre mid, another centre half, a number ten and another striker.

Obviously he will bring in a keeper, Marc showed at the start of the season he needed someone to push him.

Cover for Trav and Whyte

A wide man, sitting and attacking midfielder and possibly a front man like Dowds from East Fife, big and strong to give us another different option up top

From the club's website - Questions have been asked of the future of Gary Irvine and Brad Spencer, two of Jim Weir’s January recruits signed a the time on short term contracts that expire early next month.

For obvious reasons at present Gary is unwilling to commit to discussing an extension to his deal, while an offer has been made to Brad, but again he is in discussions with a few other clubs at our level before making a final decision on his future.

On 12/04/2019 at 19:04, bernardblack said:

Reilly and Easton could play in the championship and would be wasted at that level

Heard Baird is leaving to go stay and coach in Australia 

Lovely fella and I wish him all the best in his new adventure 

Guy has helped me get my foot im the door and for that I totally appreciate him for it

Heard Baird is leaving to go stay and coach in Australia 
Lovely fella and I wish him all the best in his new adventure 
Guy has helped me get my foot im the door and for that I totally appreciate him for it
Maybe only in a Loons shirt for a season but what a season ! Good luck to him in his new adventure.

Isn't foxy in some coaching role at Montrose?
That's right. Coach with Dillon and R Campbell and he seems to be really enjoying it under SP. Great guy to have around the club. Did wonder if he could be swayed by a Loons approach but I remember he thought the appointment of Weir was negative for the club so assume he isn't a fan of JW.

1 hour ago, Willy_P said:

With Baird gone, I would love to see sellars promoted to assistant manager and Foxy brought in as coach.

Zero chance of that happening, don't you remember the Foxy tweet at the time?

19 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Zero chance of that happening, don't you remember the Foxy tweet at the time?

Remember it well and although at the time I perhaps agreed with it I thought Foxy was out of line. I'm happy to say we were wrong about JW.

Kirkpatrick will be a very good signing particularly with Easton and Reilly disappearing. As for Sparky, he somewhat split opinion with us, I was never a big fan particularly in our second half of the season but he's played at a good level before so there's definitely a player there. For whatever reason he went from a left back to a central midfielder with us, so no idea where he'll end up playing at you.