Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack

Unsure how I’d want the ties to play out. Currently we’d be home for the second leg and I’m starting to think that would be worse for us

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Unsure how I’d want the ties to play out. Currently we’d be home for the second leg and I’m starting to think that would be worse for us

Only if we were 5-0 down from the 1st leg you mean?

I've just noticed that Thomas Reilly is in the SPFL Team of the Week. Not surprised, as he was outstanding. Should give him and the team a bit of a boost for Saturday. Barring injuries, I hope JW can start with the same team as last week. That was a terrific performance against Stenny.

17 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

And huge congratulations to Dale Hilson who is shortlisted for PFA League One Player of the Year. Shaping up to be a bloody good season, all things considered!

If it was decided on work ethic alone Dale would win hands down.

24 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

If it was decided on work ethic alone Dale would win hands down.

Voted by other players and can certainly understand opposition defenders voting for Dale. Even when other parts of his game are not ‘on’ he never gives them an easy time.

33 minutes ago, Loon Army said:

How can dale be shortlisted for league one player of the year but come 3rd in the clubs player of the year???

Because by and large Forfar fans don’t know very much about football.

McCallum has had a decent season but has had some real clangers too and while he more than deserved the award last season does not this. But he’s local.

Because by and large Forfar fans don’t know very much about football.
McCallum has had a decent season but has had some real clangers too and while he more than deserved the award last season does not this. But he’s local.

The look on McCallum's face said it all. He looked a tad embarrassed tbh.
He had a decent season this year but nothing near how he played last season, thankfully it wasn't the other way round!

Hilson was clearly our best and most influential player this season. Scored goals, worked his socks off, fantastic target man especially given his height, when he was poor football-wise he didn't hide and made up for it by just being an absolute pain for the defence. Oh aye and not injury prone either [emoji6] .

Lots of 'rumours' on the Kelty page, club statement says they have 6 signed up for next season.

"6 pre contracts - one being confirmed as Danny Ashe

Potentially all of the below mentioned:

Dylan Easton, Thomas Reilly, Scott Linton, Joe Cardle"

Rumours or not, I find this very worrying on a number of counts. I'm torn between thinking it's just complete rubbish and, well, actually possible. Easton and Reilly are class acts who should be going up a league (still possible!) not dropping down. Even with what would be a guaranteed starting place surely it makes no sense? Unless of course Kelty are throwing money at them, but is  that sustainable for Kelty? Well that's not really our problem and as I've mentioned before, Kelty have a long-term plan, so they should have the figures worked out. Would be nice if our Board made a statement but probably won't with playoffs coming along. Putting a wee bit of a cloud over things, though.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

I wouldn't worry about that, one mad Cowdenbeath supporter claimed Kelty were paying Easton £300 then ten minutes later claimed it was nearer £500:lol:

What there's only one mad Cowden person??? :lol:

Rumours or not, I find this very worrying on a number of counts. I'm torn between thinking it's just complete rubbish and, well, actually possible. Easton and Reilly are class acts who should be going up a league (still possible!) not dropping down. Even with what would be a guaranteed starting place surely it makes no sense? Unless of course Kelty are throwing money at them, but is  that sustainable for Kelty? Well that's not really our problem and as I've mentioned before, Kelty have a long-term plan, so they should have the figures worked out. Would be nice if our Board made a statement but probably won't with playoffs coming along. Putting a wee bit of a cloud over things, though.

Purely hearsay but Ferguson, who was dreadful at Clyde, is purportedly on £40k, Bob Malcolm on £26k.