Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

16 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dylan would probably be grateful to get away from the moaners in our support  who'd rather watch headless chickens and who are on his back for 90, sorry 70 minutes every week.

Reilly would be a massive loss aswell, love watching him spraying it around in the middle of the park.

Raging aye?? :lol: If either leave for Kelty, good riddance i say, or they stay and fight for their place in our championship side.

Edited by tbsouth

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kelty > Albion rovers, Cowden, Berwick

To be fair

Just at your current level it would be a bit of a shiter if players as good as Reilly and Easton dropped to the LL

Wouldn't disagree. Just a bit miffed people feel the need to be so derogatory. Our set up is good, further investment coming & hopefully we should be in the mix to go up very soon.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but out of the two I’d rather be keeping Reilly. The vision and the ping he has on him is untouchable when he’s on his day. Can spot runs a mile off absolute joy to watch. So much better than Irvine

5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Oh how buzzing I am to watch Mackintosh & Coupe instead of Reilly & Easton next seasonemoji42.pngemoji42.png

Boring football here we come.

Bit unfair to link two young lads like that that have done well for us this season, actually turn up on time and are actually committed to the club.

Edited by nofixedability

Oh look another clueless **** [emoji38]

As good as our league position is, I've been pretty meh with the spectacle on display since JW took over.
Last season's escape from almost certain relegation was great, full credit to the management team for that one.
This season has been a workmanlike project with not a lot of excitement. Hilson,Reilly (at times) and Easton have been the only exciting product on the pitch. Coupe hasn't had enough game time to add to the list and Matty has been sadly overlooked (given Baird and Hill's presence that is understandable)

At this level, I'd hope for a more adventurous attacking style of football.

Bollan quite rightly got knocked for a lot of stuff but those pre-Christmas games in L2 were what I pay to see. Rember wingers and centrebacks scoring every week?

Lose Reilly and Easton and it'll be pretty grim stuff on view next season.

I've been impressed with what JW is doing with the team. There seems to be a good team spirit - during the warm-up the guys look as if they're enjoying being part of the Forfar. Even the subs warm up looked to be fun. There's a solid defence with Travis  (well, sometimes although I thought his covering was excellent today). I wonder if Irvine's role is to steady the ship? 

If Reilly and Easton do leave, and I'm not sure they will, any replacements will tell us the Club's ambition because they will have to be at least as good as those guys.

I'm looking on the positive way ahead.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

JW talks about a lack of hunger and desire, at least 3 changes next week, Coupe - Muzza - and Malone all to start.
Rather see Matty get a run of games tbh.
Sorely overlooked this season. He's either got to get a run of games or thank him for last season and say cheery bye

Just now, Loonytoons said:

Rather see Matty get a run of games tbh.
Sorely overlooked this season. He's either got to get a run of games or thank him for last season and say cheery bye

Surprised he wasn't brought on earlier as Baird and Hilson were both poor again

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
9 minutes ago, tbsouth said:
Surprised he wasn't brought on earlier as Baird and Hilson were both poor again

The laddie needs to be starting. Not fussed if Baird or Hilson drop out but Hilson's old connection with Sanny would be a good fit with Matty.

If Jim wants some hunger and desire then start the young guns, i am expecting at least 3 changes next Saturday.

Guest bernardblack
If Jim wants some hunger and desire then start the young guns, i am expecting at least 3 changes next Saturday.

Please let one of the three be Easton.