Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Brad Spencer 3 starts, 3 MOTM and 1 sub - goal and red card....player of the season almost. :)

Looking at Raith and hearing how they didn't want to play today, i really fancy us to beat them over 2 legs (providing we don't have a Brechin style 10 minute spell)

I once read an old Forfar Athletic report from c.1930 that said the Earl of Strathmore had attended the game. The Earl was the present Queen's Grandfather.

Now that Prince Eddie is the Earl of Forfar the least the useless cnut can do is attend a game and buy everyone a bridie. 

Brad Spencer 3 starts, 3 MOTM and 1 sub - goal and red card....player of the season almost. [emoji4]
Looking at Raith and hearing how they didn't want to play today, i really fancy us to beat them over 2 legs (providing we don't have a Brechin style 10 minute spell)
I'm not surprised to see Spencer doing well with yourselves, I felt it was slightly harsh of Duffy to never really give him a chance, especially when others were playing so poorly. He always looked handy coming off the bench and provided both dig and drive from a central position, something we were really lacking.

A lot of our fans didn't seem to rate him but I think he was unfortunate in that he very rarely played and just happened to be part of a very shite Dumbarton team.

I notice Thomas Reilly has been benched in recent weeks, is he likely to hang around next season? I wouldn't be against him heading our way as compensation for us giving you Spencer.

I'm not surprised to see Spencer doing well with yourselves, I felt it was slightly harsh of Duffy to never really give him a chance, especially when others were playing so poorly. He always looked handy coming off the bench and provided both dig and drive from a central position, something we were really lacking.

A lot of our fans didn't seem to rate him but I think he was unfortunate in that he very rarely played and just happened to be part of a very shite Dumbarton team.

I notice Thomas Reilly has been benched in recent weeks, is he likely to hang around next season? I wouldn't be against him heading our way as compensation for us giving you Spencer.

Drop in form and others have taken their chance. I'd be surprised if we don't try and keep him, he's a very good player.

Reilly lost his place after red card at Montrose.Him not getting straight back in is good I think, players know there is good competition for places and hopefully when he is back in he’ll be keen to keep it.

Long term I’d love to see Spencer and Reilly as a central partnership for us think they would complement each other’s styles quite well.

Great to see so many different names being suggested here. Just shows what a good squad there is at the moment and all playing as a team. McCallum is also worthy of a mention but for me it would be Hilson for all the reasons mentioned so far. And he was in the SPFL Team of the Week again this week.

6 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Great to see so many different names being suggested here. Just shows what a good squad there is at the moment and all playing as a team. McCallum is also worthy of a mention but for me it would be Hilson for all the reasons mentioned so far. And he was in the SPFL Team of the Week again this week.

McCallum has had a poor season compared to last, imagine if Hilson was a natural finisher like Baird.....30+ goals a season

Travis and Whyte have been good, particularly since the Killie game but first half of season were culpable in some terrible central defensive displays for my liking. Baird for his goals deserves mention but I don’t think his overall play and contribution is enough. 

Still 7 , hopefully 11 games to go, maybe someone will excel over next couple of months to make it even harder.