Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
15 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Apologies, only just seen this now. He always played right back for us and was very solid there. Not sure what his legs are like these days but I would imagine he’ll have been signed as a right back. Where did he play in the game against Raith?

No worries! believe he came on and played centre mid 

Just posted elsewhere about Rab Douglas' appearance on OFT and I recalled one of his comments.
He basically said there was no fall out between him and Bollan, he just decided to leave.
He really went down in my estimations, jumped ship when we really needed him the most. Poor show from the big man.

Just posted elsewhere about Rab Douglas' appearance on OFT and I recalled one of his comments.
He basically said there was no fall out between him and Bollan, he just decided to leave.
He really went down in my estimations, jumped ship when we really needed him the most. Poor show from the big man.

He left because he strongly disagreed with the way other players were getting treated. What's OFT? I have listened to a detailed interview with him before too and can't remember.

OFT is a predictive text cockup. Came as TOB the last time I typed it[emoji23].
OTB (off the ball).
Other players getting mistreated by who?

The story Denholm gave on his podcast was that Douglas was annoyed at Campbell leaving but was still going to stay. But he left because Stewart Petrie was told he was getting the job and it was going to be announced soon but somehow Bollan ended up with the job.

The story Denholm gave on his podcast was that Douglas was annoyed at Campbell leaving but was still going to stay. But he left because Stewart Petrie was told he was getting the job and it was going to be announced soon but somehow Bollan ended up with the job.

That's the story I recall 'though a fall out with Bollan was rumoured too. Left his team mates and fans up the spout.

"Just to clarify, why would I stay on at Forfar when they sacked Dick ? He brought me in as his goalkeeping coach and I ended up playing. I didn't agree with the board sacking him , would you rather I stayed and took a wage from the club every week ? That's not really in my nature When my contract was terminated the manager wouldn't let me play against Forfar v Stenhousemuir Then also wouldn't let me play in Foxy's testimonial game Every fan has there opinion and you pay your money and you are entitled to it"

Rab Douglas official

"Just to clarify, why would I stay on at Forfar when they sacked Dick ? He brought me in as his goalkeeping coach and I ended up playing. I didn't agree with the board sacking him , would you rather I stayed and took a wage from the club every week ? That's not really in my nature When my contract was terminated the manager wouldn't let me play against Forfar v Stenhousemuir Then also wouldn't let me play in Foxy's testimonial game Every fan has there opinion and you pay your money and you are entitled to it"
Rab Douglas official

That's after the fact though; he left us high and dry walking out of the club. I'd rather he had stayed on and took that wage whilst helping his team and the fans paying that wage.
Bollan was out of order too on Foxy's testimonial, that was truly shameful, the board really ought to have stepped in on that one, irrespective of how they felt about Rab.

Guest bernardblack

I don’t have an issue with Douglas. He was extremely open about Campbell being the reason he was at forfar and still playing football. Was always going to leave when he did

Guest bernardblack
Fantastic piece of business keeping Darren Whyte for next season, been one of our best players this season imo

Agreed. Thought we’d struggle to keep him tbh! Excellent news