Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I know you guys have been to Dumbarton before but just a wee reminder, the Rock BC is just 50yds by the stadium and we have Sky Sports in every room for the footy and you are more than welcome to come down for pre match drinks. Hope to see you on Saturday.

Alternatively, if you guys fancy some free, live music then make your way to the home end bar in the stadium (accessible through the home turnstiles) :P

13 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I know you guys have been to Dumbarton before but just a wee reminder, the Rock BC is just 50yds by the stadium and we have Sky Sports in every room for the footy and you are more than welcome to come down for pre match drinks. Hope to see you on Saturday.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Alternatively, if you guys fancy some free, live music then make your way to the home end bar in the stadium (accessible through the home turnstiles) :P

Dumbarton publicans bartering business on the Forfar thread. Is this good or just sad?

25 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Dumbarton publicans bartering business on the Forfar thread. Is this good or just sad?

Given that home fans have rarely ever been allowed in our home end bar I thought it was worth highlighting, I'll leave you to decide if it's good or sad :P

Given that home fans have rarely ever been allowed in our home end bar I thought it was worth highlighting, I'll leave you to decide if it's good or sad [emoji14]

Certainly we got turned away last season.
Ended up in the Bowling Club

A wee question for you. My grandfather's family were from Forfar and there has always been the story in the family that one of his brothers played for The Loons.  Do you guys have a club history which includes all games, teams etc? If so, I'd be grateful if someone could check if Alec (or Alex) Glen who lived in Gallowshade,  played for Forfar in the 1920s or 1930s? I'd be interested to know if he did indeed play for the club.

14 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

A wee question for you. My grandfather's family were from Forfar and there has always been the story in the family that one of his brothers played for The Loons.  Do you guys have a club history which includes all games, teams etc? If so, I'd be grateful if someone could check if Alec (or Alex) Glen who lived in Gallowshade,  played for Forfar in the 1920s or 1930s? I'd be interested to know if he did indeed play for the club.

According to fitbastats.com there was a Glen played for us in season 1922/23 and 1925/26. There is a question mark regarding his first name. I vaguely remember a Glen family in Gallowshade (I lived there until I was 10), I'll ask my mum at the weekend when I see her.

According to fitbastats.com there was a Glen played for us in season 1922/23 and 1925/26. There is a question mark regarding his first name. I vaguely remember a Glen family in Gallowshade (I lived there until I was 10), I'll ask my mum at the weekend when I see her.

Thanks for that. The times would be about right.

Guest bernardblack

Several hope we play as many fringe players as possible tonight. Zero interest in this competition and the squad is bare enough

Guest bernardblack
Played off the park by Livi under 21's. We got away with one tonight.

Tonight is the worst thing that could’ve happened. 70mins in a needless competition, playing a strong line up....to then have to do it all again next week.

Just let livi through

13 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Tonight is the worst thing that could’ve happened. 70mins in a needless competition, playing a strong line up....to then have to do it all again next week.

Just let livi through

Agreed on all counts.

Mental how worked up some folk get about this competition.