Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

He played well last night but I thought he was immense against the Hearts youngsters on Saturday.  Too many poor touches and short layoff passes in the first half last night.

Last season he was guilty of keeping hold of the ball too long.  Hopefully, this season will see an improvement in his decision making.  A couple of more decent performances in the cup and early league games could see him off if any bid comes in before the transfer window closes though.  Not sure what his work situation is just now but I reckon he'd jump at the chance of FT football. 

Lets be honest last season he wasn’t passing much cause lets face it who did he have to square the ball to in the box?
Matthew Aitken...
Now he’s got Hilson & Baird I think we’ll finally see him creating chances for strikers that can actually put chances away!
For me he’s probably the second name on the sheet, first being Marc McCallum.
He’s got bags of talent & ability and is a pleasure to watch week in week out!

Lets be honest last season he wasn’t passing much cause lets face it who did he have to square the ball to in the box?
Matthew Aitken...
Now he’s got Hilson & Baird I think we’ll finally see him creating chances for strikers that can actually put chances away!
For me he’s probably the second name on the sheet, first being Marc McCallum.
He’s got bags of talent & ability and is a pleasure to watch week in week out!
Matty scored a fair few goals last season, better goal to minute ratio than Hilson too.
Unfortunately Easton just doesn't look up, Hearts game a prime example.

58 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How has the great Ross Meechan been received during his short time at Station Park?

I think he's shown up quite well.  It's allowed Jamie Bain to push further forward, so we'll see how that progresses.  Is he "just" a right back or can he play elsewhere?

1 minute ago, dee_62 said:

I think he's shown up quite well.  It's allowed Jamie Bain to push further forward, so we'll see how that progresses.  Is he "just" a right back or can he play elsewhere?

He's principally a right-back but he's filled in as a screening midfielder, a left-back and a centre-back in the past when needed.

Pleased to read he's doing well enough so far.

Getting a proper preseason seems to have done Easton the world of good, he's looking really sharp. It speaks volumes when opposition fans are clapping him off just wish some of our fans would cut him some slack. The boy is some talent for this level.

On 19 July 2018 at 18:51, Jupiter Jazz said:

Getting a proper preseason seems to have done Easton the world of good, he's looking really sharp. It speaks volumes when opposition fans are clapping him off just wish some of our fans would cut him some slack. The boy is some talent for this level.

I agree, he is a very talented player, one of, if not the, most skilful players in our division. I just wish he would get over himself and remember it's a team game. He's capable of making killer passes but he prefers to beat several players then take them on again by which time the opposition has crowded him out. 

I agree, he is a very talented player, one of, if not the, most skilful players in our division. I just wish he would get over himself and remember it's a team game. He's capable of making killer passes but he prefers to beat several players then take them on again by which time the opposition has crowded him out. 

No mention of the blatant cheating, diving and attempts to get fellow professionals sent off with his simulations???

https://player.vimeo.com/video/281248033?app_id=122963%5D

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

No mention of the blatant cheating, diving and attempts to get fellow professionals sent off with his simulations???

Footballer seeks to gain an advantage shocker. Was yesterday the first game you've seen? No doubt you're equally foaming at the mouth when an East Fife player does it?

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Aye, really annoying.  As is when he does actually get kicked off the park and gets nothing given by the ref.  Swings both ways.

Footballer seeks to gain an advantage shocker. Was yesterday the first game you've seen? No doubt you're equally foaming at the mouth when an East Fife player does it?

Maybe it's a common occurrence for you but I can honestly state that I've never seen an East Fife player feign a serious head injury in order to get an opposing player sent off!!!
And yes, if one of our players did that I would not be so supporting of him in his actions as so many of the Forfar fans are being!!!
I suppose it's true that you get the players that you deserve!!!

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Maybe it's a common occurrence for you but I can honestly state that I've never seen an East Fife player feign a serious head injury in order to get an opposing player sent off!!!
And yes, if one of our players did that I would not be so supporting of him in his actions as so many of the Forfar fans are being!!!
I suppose it's true that you get the players that you deserve!!!

:bairn

Good responses KK but I feel your are wasting your time conversing with Loony and  Nofixedintelligence whose best reply is -Easton gets kicked so he is allowed to cheat his fellow professionals. Nuff said!!!!!

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Good responses KK but I feel your are wasting your time conversing with Loony and  Nofixedintelligence whose best reply is -Easton gets kicked so he is allowed to cheat his fellow professionals. Nuff said!!!!!

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Seriously?  I hate cheating, really can't stand it; time wasting, diving, 'taking one for the team', deliberate hand balls, they are all cheating.  Easton's behaviour can be pretty grim at times, that's for sure and I really don't like it.  My point is he also gets deliberately kicked black and blue at times, that's also cheating by the way, and gets nothing from the ref, hence the swings both ways comment.

I would rather he didn't feign injury and oppositions players didn't boot him off the park, sort of a 'swings both ways thing' I guess.  It would make the football far better to watch.

Edited by Loonytoons