Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

A proper Forfar Athletic kit that is, no more of this dark/navy blue dominant colour. We may not like being called the Sky Blues but we love our Sky blue.

It's really only "traditional" since the 70s though is it not ? The darker blue combos are more historical.

42 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
On 6/30/2018 at 08:53, theSilverFox said:
A proper Forfar Athletic kit that is, no more of this dark/navy blue dominant colour. We may not like being called the Sky Blues but we love our Sky blue.

It's really only "traditional" since the 70s though is it not ? The darker blue combos are more historical.

Correct 70's but this generation only knows us to play in Sky Blue, we could also say let's play in Green from the 50's-60's?

Just now, mo83 said:

We had Paddy Cregg playing yesterday for us,I noticed he was with you guys last year but only played 7 times what happend?

Neat and tidy but not what we were needing at the time.

Neat and tidy but not what we were needing at the time.
Yeah looked good on the ball yesterday.Will see what happens after a couple more games but was pretty happy the way he played.

Yeah looked good on the ball yesterday.Will see what happens after a couple more games but was pretty happy the way he played.

What position did he play as couldn’t make the game? Seem to be heavy with midfielders again.

What position did he play as couldn’t make the game? Seem to be heavy with midfielders again.
Centre midfield,looked to get on the ball and spray the passes around.

Sounds promising but of the ilk of Redman and foxy. Once he signs be interesting to see who starts the season once league commences.

8 minutes ago, mo83 said:
10 minutes ago, Judge said:

Bit easier in a first pre season friendly to look good getting on the ball and spraying passes around, but does he have the energy during real games ? He was at Brechin pre season last year but did not get offered a contract ( he dodged a bullet there :lol: )

6 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
On 30 June 2018 at 08:53, theSilverFox said:

Aye, you're making a fair point, what the Forfar Boys Club wear is most like our original strips but no one is still living that watched them play in those. Like TBS states, the sky blue is more 70s which is when I started going up regular with my Dad. For most over 40 and under 90 that is the traditional colour most associated with us.

Aye, you're making a fair point, what the Forfar Boys Club wear is most like our original strips but no one is still living that watched them play in those. Like TBS states, the sky blue is more 70s which is when I started going up regular with my Dad. For most over 40 and under 90 that is the traditional colour most associated with us.
My dad's 90 and watched them in the 40s and is alive so technically your statement is incorrect but i accept the premise..

We had Paddy Cregg playing yesterday for us,I noticed he was with you guys last year but only played 7 times what happend?
He wasn't good enough in a very poor team last year. Given his pedigree he should have been much better.

Well,that's Paddy CREGG sorted. Signing on fee, contract. One more year for the pension.  He will probably play a few games before going into hibernation mode.

Will be interested to see how SCOTT McBRIDE gets on at East Fife. Will he come back to haunt us ? Fife fans seem a bit underwhelmed at his signing.  Time will tell.  

25 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Well,that's Paddy CREGG sorted. Signing on fee, contract. One more year for the pension.  He will probably play a few games before going into hibernation mode.

Will be interested to see how SCOTT McBRIDE gets on at East Fife. Will he come back to haunt us ? Fife fans seem a bit underwhelmed at his signing.  Time will tell.  

Given McBride was like a ghost a Station Park there’s a fair chance!