Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Glad he didn't sign, good luck Forfar, any Forfar fans remember his flap at the free kick in the last game against Forfar that I would have saved blindfolded with two hands tied behind my back.

From the sounds of it Gallacher and Hutton don’t sound too much better!

6 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

Lucky that doesn't sound too bitter.

Maybe slightly harsh but I wouldn't say bitter. 

I think all Airdrie fans were non-plussed about Muir leaving. Would have been happy for him to be backup, I think him and Hutton are probably on a par, but IMO Scott Gallacher is an upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Probably yeah. Whats the story, Adam in for pre-season with you lads?

That's promising. From watching a few highlights he looks to be the exact opposite of Gallacher, the sort of guy who'll fly out at every opportunity rather than watching nervously as the ball heads towards him. His distribution was always top class too, but he seems a bit wild and erratic in his decision making (and attitude). Which could be fun.

Our pre-season starts on Saturday and I believe that we might have some signing news tomorrow (assuming everything went as planned). The only hint I was given would be applicable to Adam - albeit it would be applicable to a whole other host of guys too. So I may have guessed incorrectly.

Edited by Ross Forbes

50 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:
Signed for 2 years in January this year I think it was.

Extended his contract to 2 years. i.e. ends at the end of this coming season.

ETA:  Might be wrong transfermarket has him signed 'til the end of 2019-20 season

ETAA: Aye, end of season 2019-20 

http://forfarathletic.co.uk/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=6%3Anews&id=3033%3Amarc-mccallum-signs-two-year-contract-extension&Itemid=27

Edited by Loonytoons
Mibbae wrong

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Adam’s fine until he starts interacting with the opposition fans, at that point he’s a liability.

Excellent. We could have Bobby Barr squaring up to our fans whilst Adam deals with the away end.

Unsavoury Scenes FC.

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

That's promising. From watching a few highlights he looks to be the exact opposite of Gallacher, the sort of guy who'll fly out at every opportunity rather than watching nervously as the ball heads towards him. His distribution was always top class too, but he seems a bit wild and erratic in his decision making (and attitude). Which could be fun.

Our pre-season starts on Saturday and I believe that we might have some signing news tomorrow (assuming everything went as planned). The only hint I was given would be applicable to Adam - albeit it would be applicable to a whole other host of guys too. So I may have guessed incorrectly.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head RE Adam. Had 3 different spells at Airdrie and if I remember correctly he was outstanding for his first two spells and not quite as good during his last spell (or it might have been his first and third spell he was good and his 2nd spell a bit ropey). But every time he came in he was exactly what we needed. A confident goalkeeper who could do the basics, communicate, had good distribution and who would come out for crosses. But like you say his decision making can be totally erratic and I think this has been to his detriment at most clubs since he's left Airdrie as most fans seem to consider him a bombscare. I can only assume with the more mistakes he's made the less confident he's become too which will have adversely affected his game as his confidence was one of his main attributes. Hopefully a good run in a good side would get him back playing to a solid standard. 

And as you say, he's a mad b*****d. My favourite Grant Adam moment was the play-off semi-final win away at Ayr when he was swinging on the bar and doing forward rolls all over the place. 

Pretty much hits the nail on the head RE Adam. Had 3 different spells at Airdrie and if I remember correctly he was outstanding for his first two spells and not quite as good during his last spell (or it might have been his first and third spell he was good and his 2nd spell a bit ropey). But every time he came in he was exactly what we needed. A confident goalkeeper who could do the basics, communicate, had good distribution and who would come out for crosses. But like you say his decision making can be totally erratic and I think this has been to his detriment at most clubs since he's left Airdrie as most fans seem to consider him a bombscare. I can only assume with the more mistakes he's made the less confident he's become too which will have adversely affected his game as his confidence was one of his main attributes. Hopefully a good run in a good side would get him back playing to a solid standard. 

And as you say, he's a mad b*****d. My favourite Grant Adam moment was the play-off semi-final win away at Ayr when he was swinging on the bar and doing forward rolls all over the place. 
Pretty much this. A proper character and whilst at Airdrie a damn fine keeper. It helped the fact he had a hard working spine in front of him with Mango, Milojevic and McCormack protecting him during a spell where I'm sure it was 1 defeat (to sevco) in 16 games.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
9 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Pretty much this. A proper character and whilst at Airdrie a damn fine keeper. It helped the fact he had a hard working spine in front of him with Mango, Milojevic and McCormack protecting him during a spell where I'm sure it was 1 defeat (to sevco) in 16 games.

That's all good to hear. I doubt many teams (if any) will have a stronger centre-back pairing than Mango and Dowie, whilst we'll have Hutton (I can hear you sniggering) and Carswell in front of them.

He'll have worked with Ian Durrant before, so hopefully he knows how to get the best out of him if he does sign. After the very mild-mannered Scott Gallacher I'm right up for a mad 'keeper with the potential to be a bit of a cult-hero. The fact he picked up a red card for gesturing to Clyde fans after Forfar scored against them a few years back is filling me with optimism. 

Anyway, I'll let the Loons have their thread back!

That's all good to hear. I doubt many teams (if any) will have a stronger centre-back pairing than Mango and Dowie, whilst we'll have Hutton (I can hear you sniggering) and Carswell in front of them.
He'll have worked with Ian Durrant before, so hopefully he knows how to get the best out of him if he does sign. After the very mild-mannered Scott Gallacher I'm right up for a mad 'keeper with the potential to be a bit of a cult-hero. The fact he picked up a red card for gesturing to Clyde fans after Forfar scored against them a few years back is filling me with optimism. 
Anyway, I'll let the Loons have their thread back!
The red card v Clyde possibly cost us the league,it could be argued. Don't mind a mad keeper but an idiotic one is a pain in the bahookie. He certainly came into the latter bracket that day.

On 7 June 2018 at 12:01, SlipperyP said:

26th May since the last post.
C'mon to f**k. Is there nobody interested or have anything to tell about the club?
This is the only place I read about the Loons. Any news, even if it fake would keep me going.

For the benefit of  SlipperyP do we have any spies heading to St Andrews  to count if we have enough players for a 7 aside? 

Any info would be good.

For the benefit of  SlipperyP do we have any spies heading to St Andrews  to count if we have enough players for a 7 aside? 
Any info would be good.

I’ve got family in the Ferry. I’ll ask them to get the binoculars out.