Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Loons sign goalkeeper Willie Muir. Wonder if that adds credence to the rumour about Marc McCallum heading to Saints?

The Courier states he'll in competition with McCallum for the no 1 jersey. Have I missed something, is Grant Adam away?

We haven't started pre-season yet, so I'm not sure how he can be on trial?
He's ex-Rangers though, so we'll probably sign him.

Grant Adam was excellent is his time with us - and the fans loved him - however he doesn’t seem to have set the heather alight anywhere else.

I will always remember him swinging from the crossbar and doing forward rolls after beating Ayr in the play offs a few years back.

23 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Since yous on a two year rotation scheme for kits, I take it the home shirt will be replaced for 2018/2019? Did the club reveal the new top yet?

They normally have an event at the park once pre-season has started and more of the squad are in place.

On 7 June 2018 at 12:15, Radford said:

Loons sign goalkeeper Willie Muir. Wonder if that adds credence to the rumour about Marc McCallum heading to Saints?

That's a strange one???  One of the reasons he left East Fife after a couple of short weeks was due to a gripe about travelling and now he is going to Forfar to play second fiddle to McCallum?????

6 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Grant Adam was excellent is his time with us - and the fans loved him - however he doesn’t seem to have set the heather alight anywhere else.

I will always remember him swinging from the crossbar and doing forward rolls after beating Ayr in the play offs a few years back.

He was very unfortunate to be injured at the start of the season last year and we got McCallum in as cover, who then went on to have a blinder of a season.

I'd have been quite happy to have Adam between the sticks last season if we hadn't signed McCallum.  Good 'keeper at this level.

In all fairness he didn’t really do much wrong with us, he was a good shot stopper, panicked and flapped at the ball a few times & always gave you a scare but all in all was a decent keeper, then he was injured & in came Marc McCallum who has kept him out of the side due to his performances!

Good luck to him if he does sign for Dumbarton!

50 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Judging by the squad list on the website it looks like we’re not keeping -
Josh Peters
Scott McBride
Grant Adam
Dean Brotherston

Also no Mark Millar on the list so guessing he’s not accepted his contract offer.

Haven’t seen any confirmation on Willie Muir signing either.?

You might be reading too much into the squad list. It's not like the site to be that up to date.

Of the 18 players listed , 2 are  untried ex development squad, 2 are long term injured and 1 is officially retired leaving only 13 fit and experienced players.

No real surprise that  the 4  listed are to be released?? 

Mark Millar is obviously waiting to see if a better offer comes along. Hands off D.C.!

He would be a major loss if he goes.

Looks like J.W.  will have a bit of wheeling and dealing to do in the weeks ahead.

20 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

William Muir’s signing now confirmed today,
Be interesting to see if he’s happy to play second fiddle to Marc McCallum!

We offered him a new contract but he never signed as he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot so this is an interesting move

6 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

We offered him a new contract but he never signed as he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot so this is an interesting move

Glad he didn't sign, good luck Forfar, any Forfar fans remember his flap at the free kick in the last game against Forfar that I would have saved blindfolded with two hands tied behind my back.