Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Remember the days when tbsouth raved on and on about Kerr Hay?

Doesn't rate Dylan Easton though.

This the same Kerr Hay who is enjoying a run of games at Elgin and scored the last minute winner today?

Dylan excellent on the ball....Hay can finish.

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

In your opinion who was our best player today?

Everyone was poor today no real standouts...Meechan has been player of the season so far for me, very steady...we are lucky to have 2 of the best full backs in the league, just need to play the best guys in front of them now to compliment them.

This the same Kerr Hay who is enjoying a run of games at Elgin and scored the last minute winner today?

Given that Hay is a striker and Easton a midfielder I would hope that he was scoring more goals.
2 goals so far at a lower level according to the site I looked at, might be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

I see you're still following him closely, he's nowhere near good enough.

Arbroath after Easton for a reason.

35 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Tell me all the games he has excelled in this season and last....lets see the list?

I only want to see players who are willing to give their all for the club......nothing wrong with that surely?

Over the years i have seen a lot of players 'picked on' some correctly but others not so...take Yano for example, a section of our support couldn't see he was one of our best Left backs since TC and more importantly always gave 100%

Templeman another joy to watch and going further back Raymond Lorimer was a guy who was hounded but bust a gut every week.

As i say Easton should be in behind Hilson, any place else is a waste of a shirt.

This is truly painful to admit but I agree with every word of this post. I would normally rate tbs as a havering hoor and very rarely agree with him on here (i.e I never rated Kerr Hay).

Easton is a pleasure to watch at times but is more often infuriating with his showing off and being ball greedy. Don't get me started on his feigning injury and diving....

PS tBS, thankyou for comments about Temps, Lorimer and Yano, the negativity towards them was as infuriating as the idolisation of Easton. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to go but I wish he'd grow up.

35 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Tell me all the games he has excelled in this season and last....lets see the list?

I only want to see players who are willing to give their all for the club......nothing wrong with that surely?

Over the years i have seen a lot of players 'picked on' some correctly but others not so...take Yano for example, a section of our support couldn't see he was one of our best Left backs since TC and more importantly always gave 100%

Templeman another joy to watch and going further back Raymond Lorimer was a guy who was hounded but bust a gut every week.

As i say Easton should be in behind Hilson, any place else is a waste of a shirt.

This is truly painful to admit but I agree with every word of this post. I would normally rate tbs as a havering hoor and very rarely agree with him on here (i.e I never rated Kerr Hay).

Easton is a pleasure to watch at times but is more often infuriating with his showing off and being ball greedy. Don't get me started on his feigning injury and diving....

PS tBS, thankyou for comments about Temps, Lorimer and Yano, the negativity towards them was as infuriating as the idolisation of Easton. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to go but I wish he'd grow up.

18 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

What to replace Bobby Linn? Will be get a huge bid soon then?

More likely to play on the other wing. 

Easton would learn alot off Linn as everything you boys are slating Easton for used to drive us crazy about Linn as well! 

Edited by Robertolichtie

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

"Havering hoor"....????  I will admit to a few occasional winding up incidents....

About Kerr....i was one of the few that watched almost every 20's game he played at home and i could see he had something about him....sadly he only got a few chances under Bollan and was bombed out ....i am glad to see him make some sort of impact at Elgin.

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

Trust me, it's not idolisation from me, I just think he gets some horrendous undeserved stick at times, today is a prime example, he was our best player by a distance.  I enjoy watching him, his diving and petty reactions are a pain but he is getting better at that. 

His ball greediness has massively improved this season, he is so infrequently dispossessed this season compared to last, he tends to pull in players then release, last season he would go back and try to beat them again.   Did he actually lose the ball running with it at all today?  He got a wee bit lucky in the box in the second half but he retained the ball with a fairly hefty tackle, something he's been accused of lacking.  

He's also accused of not giving 100%, he's generally involved for the majority of the game, drifting out in the last 15 minutes at times.  He doesn't get posted missing after the first bad tackle like Swankie used to and then remain a passenger until he's subbed.

Bizarre that the unjustified slating of Yano, and Sanny are getting used as a reason for justifying having a pop at Easton.

For the record, both Yano and particularly Sanny are legends for me, Easton has a long way before he gets close to that but he's still young and his attitude and approach to the game have improved. 

21 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Imagine the players came on here for a read and see themselves getting slaughtered for no reason? Absolute joke.

"no reason" ? It's a football forum, a place where fans can talk about the games they pay good money to watch.....if it upsets you stick to the official FB page where there are no match reports till later on the week.

I remember traveling to Stanraer one cold wet winters day...Swankie was his usual 'can't be arsed' kind of day...3-2 down with 2 minutes to go he chips 2 crosses in that never beat the 1st man...we go nuts at him behind the goal and he had the cheek to F & C back at us....needless to say he was 'slaughtered' on here in the days after.....whats the problem with that...have you ever been to Stanraer to see a defeat then have to drive through blizzards to get home? All fans want is everyone to give 100% win draw or lose.

We lost away at Montrose. Petrie's doing a good job for them with what he has at his disposal. It's our job to win the game regardless of how the opposition set's their stall out but it's not a disaster guys. Wee bit of perspective here please..

We lost away at Montrose. Petrie's doing a good job for them with what he has at his disposal. It's our job to win the game regardless of how the opposition set's their stall out but it's not a disaster guys. Wee bit of perspective here please..
It was our day yesterday took our chances and defended well.Forfar have a lot quality in the team would not be surprised if they go up through the play offs.

It was our day yesterday took our chances and defended well.Forfar have a lot quality in the team would not be surprised if they go up through the play offs.
To be honest my stall is always set out to avoid relegation at the start of the season. Playoff shenanigans is a bonus if that's how it goes. I didn't see game yesterday but did see Montrose at Station Park in the cup game start of the season and at that stage you looked a bit short of Div1 quality with the ageing Campbell's in the first team. SP has obviously got the team to kick on a bit and won't have given up on a playoff place himself. Bar Arbroath and I still reckon Raith it's all still up for grabs.

Guest bernardblack
"no reason" ? It's a football forum, a place where fans can talk about the games they pay good money to watch.....if it upsets you stick to the official FB page where there are no match reports till later on the week.
I remember traveling to Stanraer one cold wet winters day...Swankie was his usual 'can't be arsed' kind of day...3-2 down with 2 minutes to go he chips 2 crosses in that never beat the 1st man...we go nuts at him behind the goal and he had the cheek to F & C back at us....needless to say he was 'slaughtered' on here in the days after.....whats the problem with that...have you ever been to Stanraer to see a defeat then have to drive through blizzards to get home? All fans want is everyone to give 100% win draw or lose.

My post was related to a player being called a “waste of a shirt” by someone earlier which is unnecessary in my view.

Agree that all fans want players to give 100% - I just don’t think it’s fair Easton takes the brunt of the flak most weeks.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

My post was related to a player being called a “waste of a shirt” by someone earlier which is unnecessary in my view.

Agree that all fans want players to give 100% - I just don’t think it’s fair Easton takes the brunt of the flak most weeks.

It doesn't help when almost everyone tells me he is our best player yet fails to produce anything, atm he is still more famous for head tennis in a dressing room than anything he has done for us, here's hoping for a hat trick or a few assist's the next time he plays.