• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

15 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Apologies, only just seen this now. He always played right back for us and was very solid there. Not sure what his legs are like these days but I would imagine he’ll have been signed as a right back. Where did he play in the game against Raith?

No worries! believe he came on and played centre mid 

Just posted elsewhere about Rab Douglas' appearance on OFT and I recalled one of his comments.
He basically said there was no fall out between him and Bollan, he just decided to leave.
He really went down in my estimations, jumped ship when we really needed him the most. Poor show from the big man.

Just posted elsewhere about Rab Douglas' appearance on OFT and I recalled one of his comments.
He basically said there was no fall out between him and Bollan, he just decided to leave.
He really went down in my estimations, jumped ship when we really needed him the most. Poor show from the big man.

He left because he strongly disagreed with the way other players were getting treated. What's OFT? I have listened to a detailed interview with him before too and can't remember.

OFT is a predictive text cockup. Came as TOB the last time I typed it.
OTB (off the ball).
Other players getting mistreated by who?

OFT is a predictive text cockup. Came as TOB the last time I typed it.
OTB (off the ball).
Other players getting mistreated by who?

The story Denholm gave on his podcast was that Douglas was annoyed at Campbell leaving but was still going to stay. But he left because Stewart Petrie was told he was getting the job and it was going to be announced soon but somehow Bollan ended up with the job.

The story Denholm gave on his podcast was that Douglas was annoyed at Campbell leaving but was still going to stay. But he left because Stewart Petrie was told he was getting the job and it was going to be announced soon but somehow Bollan ended up with the job.

That's the story I recall 'though a fall out with Bollan was rumoured too. Left his team mates and fans up the spout.

That's the story I recall 'though a fall out with Bollan was rumoured too. Left his team mates and fans up the spout.

Would of rather had Foxy in goal than ending up with Darren Hill.

"Just to clarify, why would I stay on at Forfar when they sacked Dick ? He brought me in as his goalkeeping coach and I ended up playing. I didn't agree with the board sacking him , would you rather I stayed and took a wage from the club every week ? That's not really in my nature When my contract was terminated the manager wouldn't let me play against Forfar v Stenhousemuir Then also wouldn't let me play in Foxy's testimonial game Every fan has there opinion and you pay your money and you are entitled to it"

Rab Douglas official

More importantly who is going to drop out this week?

Who’s on holiday?

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Who’s on holiday?

Matty perhaps or Eddie....Bain will be in for Moore

"Just to clarify, why would I stay on at Forfar when they sacked Dick ? He brought me in as his goalkeeping coach and I ended up playing. I didn't agree with the board sacking him , would you rather I stayed and took a wage from the club every week ? That's not really in my nature When my contract was terminated the manager wouldn't let me play against Forfar v Stenhousemuir Then also wouldn't let me play in Foxy's testimonial game Every fan has there opinion and you pay your money and you are entitled to it"
Rab Douglas official

That's after the fact though; he left us high and dry walking out of the club. I'd rather he had stayed on and took that wage whilst helping his team and the fans paying that wage.
Bollan was out of order too on Foxy's testimonial, that was truly shameful, the board really ought to have stepped in on that one, irrespective of how they felt about Rab.

I don’t have an issue with Douglas. He was extremely open about Campbell being the reason he was at forfar and still playing football. Was always going to leave when he did

Fantastic piece of business keeping Darren Whyte for next season, been one of our best players this season imo

Agreed. Thought we’d struggle to keep him tbh! Excellent news

Great news for us. Whyte had gotten more solid as the season has progressed and Eckersley is a quality left back. Already looking like a strong spine to the squad for next season. 

Agreed. Thought we’d struggle to keep him tbh! Excellent news

I was genuinely thinking Darren would go full time could do a job in the championship no problem.

4 minutes ago, Willy_P said:

I was genuinely thinking Darren would go full time could do a job in the championship no problem.

I am sure the Club would not be too adverse to a substantial transfer fee offer at some time in the future.