Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Kirkpatrick will be a very good signing particularly with Easton and Reilly disappearing. As for Sparky, he somewhat split opinion with us, I was never a big fan particularly in our second half of the season but he's played at a good level before so there's definitely a player there. For whatever reason he went from a left back to a central midfielder with us, so no idea where he'll end up playing at you. 
Docherty was always a far better central midfielder than left back when he was with us, I believe it was the same when he was at Alloa.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:
Kirkpatrick will be a very good signing particularly with Easton and Reilly disappearing. As for Sparky, he somewhat split opinion with us, I was never a big fan particularly in our second half of the season but he's played at a good level before so there's definitely a player there. For whatever reason he went from a left back to a central midfielder with us, so no idea where he'll end up playing at you. 

Docherty was always a far better central midfielder than left back when he was with us, I believe it was the same when he was at Alloa.

I would agree, always felt he got caught out quite a bit at left back, but a really good player both on the pitch and great for the dressing room.

8 minutes ago, Recsnotindodrill said:

I would agree, always felt he got caught out quite a bit at left back, but a really good player both on the pitch and great for the dressing room.

With Eckersley in the side cannot believe Docherty will be playing too much at left back.

Docherty has got slower and is quite injury prone, I would have liked him to stay but not too fussed that's he's away either!!!
Good luck to him though and don't let him near your penalties!!!

With Eckersley in the side cannot believe Docherty will be playing too much at left back.

Is that the StMirren Loanee Eckersley who won't be playing with you next season???

The one that's signed a pre-contract for us for season 2019-20? The very one. Nice try KK.

Good for you, I suggest one of you informs Ross Forbes so that the Transfer Thread can be kept up to date and people would know these things!!!

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Good for you, I suggest one of you informs Ross Forbes so that the Transfer Thread can be kept up to date and people would know these things!!!

The one entitled Summer 19?

But why? Said deal was announced in March?

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

The one entitled Summer 19?

But why? Said deal was announced in March?

As the deal covers next season!!!

Really don't care that much about your comings and goings but it does say that he left at the end of the season!!!

Don't know much about Docherty but Kirkpatrick should bring a bit of energy to the side. The merry-go-round of players at this level is sometimes absolutely staggering.

Genuinely read that and thought you said having Docherty will bring you energy, about fell off my seat! Docherty to me was far too slow especially when he was moved in front of the back 4 with the fife, any slick passing we had going tended to end when it got to him. However that’s just my slant on it, a lot of folk at the club rated him.

5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not sure if Docherty’s what we need, haven’t been overly impressed with him over the games he’s played against us.
Chuffed with Kirkpatrick signing, see a lot of fans raving about him, so he seems like a good option for us to have.

If he is surplus we could always take Doc on loan . ;)

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

:lol:As many views on that video as there is on the Forfar Athletic tv  two videos of their play off matches v Raith Rovers;)

I don't think anyone's suggesting Kelty aren't generating interest with those signings. I'm not really sure what that's got to do with anything though. Unless Youtube ad revenue is going to be the next suggestion for where they money's coming from.