Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Ross Meechan signed for next 2 years - great news has been superb for us, see his goal line tackle on Saturday as evidence. Look like we’ll have same defence as this season.

I think we will be looking for another central defender, to give us options.

Guest bernardblack

Meechan signing on is a great bit of news. Not that we needed it, but what a boost for Saturday!

Well that's another season over, despite yesterday's disappointment (and embarrassing off field shenanigans) it's been a memorable season with a real feel good factor. We have a great backbone of a squad and I trust Jim to bring in real quality to bolster it. After this season I think good players will want to come here. I think the football side will take care of itself.

i can't help but wonder if we are approaching the point where we need to demonstrate regarding the abomination that is the bulk of the security team. The Loons On Tour group did themselves no favours with their halftime and full time behaviour but I sincerely believe the catalyst to the problem and the blame lies firmly at the feet of the stewards.  The boys have created a fantastic atmosphere which has rubbed off on the players so we need to encourage the party atmosphere and they must be allowed to continue to play their part. Maybe it requires effort from us mature supporters to both protect them from harrassment from the stewards but at times to think for the young ones when their enthusiasm may be about to cross a line? Thoughts? 

Edited by theSilverFox
Spelling

33 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Well that's another season over, despite yesterda's disappointment (and embarrassing off field shenanigans) it's been a memorable season with a real feel good factor. We have a great backbone of a squad and I trust Jim to bring in real quality to bolster it. After this season I think good players will want to come here. I think the football side will take care of itself.

i can't help but wonder if we are approaching the point where we need to demonstrate regarding the abomination that is the bulk of the security team. The Loons On Tour group did themselves no favours with their halftime and full time behaviour but I sincerely believe the catalyst to the problem and the blame lies firmly at the feet of the stewards.  The boys have created a fantastic atmosphere which has rubbed off on the players so we need to encourage the party atmosphere and they must be allowed to continue to play their part. Maybe it requires effort from us mature supporters to both protect them from harrassment from the stewards but at times to think for the young ones when their enthusiasm may be about to cross a line? Thoughts? 

Not sure what stewards can do to stop windows getting pelted by stones?

7 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Not sure what stewards can do to stop windows getting pelted by stones?

That was outside which is beyond their remit but the halftime coming together was entirely their blame. Rather than direct them around the Raith group in question they were directed through them. The big tied up flag blocking both an area of terrace and the route the stewards wanted the LOT boys to take was a pathetic oversight by the stewards. The fact that other fans had to step in to diffuse the situation was even worse. Had that trouble not flared up then I very much doubt the window incedent would have occurred.

Edited by theSilverFox

That was outside which is beyond their remit but the halftime coming together was entirely their blame. Rather than direct them around the Raith group in question they were directed through them. The big tied up flag blocking both an area of terrace and the route the stewards wanted the LOT boys to take was a pathetic oversight by the stewards. The fact that other fans had to step in to diffuse the situation was even worse. Had that trouble not flared up then I very much doubt the window incedent would have occurred.
Kicking aff was it?

Like the last  game I was at Forfar the stewards were to interested in giving ( Forfar kids ) a telling off because they were sitting on the railings at the back of the terracing to which me and my mate had a go at the steward who then proceeded to tell his supervisor embarrassing to be honest it’s hard enough for clubs like Forfar and the Rovers to attract younger generation to football these days. As for yesterday complete shambles especially since Forfar already knew there was at least 5 official coaches coming up from Kirkcaldy along with the rest of us in cars etc and yet didn’t think to have the stewarding sorted outside and during the game when segregation should have been used with an easy solution of the Rovers getting the larger terracing end

6 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Easton away, who will follow, could Arbroath throw the cash at Reilly or Spencer perhaps?

We require a wide man, a central defender, a striker and maybe 2 midfielders

Davo might be available.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Like the last  game I was at Forfar the stewards were to interested in giving ( Forfar kids ) a telling off because they were sitting on the railings at the back of the terracing to which me and my mate had a go at the steward who then proceeded to tell his supervisor embarrassing to be honest it’s hard enough for clubs like Forfar and the Rovers to attract younger generation to football these days. As for yesterday complete shambles especially since Forfar already knew there was at least 5 official coaches coming up from Kirkcaldy along with the rest of us in cars etc and yet didn’t think to have the stewarding sorted outside and during the game when segregation should have been used with an easy solution of the Rovers getting the larger terracing end

You hit the nail on the head there mate

What's the deal with Gary Irvine? Is he playing for you next season? He's been coaching our youth this season and is to be temporary assistant manager this weekend.