Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Kelty directly may not be.

But the deal of:
- a big signing bonus
- a full time job with conservatory converters
- his weekly wages from kelty

Probably will add up to a full package rate of £750 a week [emoji1417]
Is this not like saying your on £1000 a week at Forfar Albion when you earn £950 of it working offshore on a rig and £50 for football.

6 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

So full time job-part time football at a lower grade v full time football at United at higher level?

If the Dundee Utd offer is true I wouldn't imagine he would get a fortune weekly there but it would be decent. Depends what his priorities are, he may be thinking longer term after football job wise.  Is he travelling from further away to get to Forfar? Sure someone mentioned that previously.

Is this not like saying your on £1000 a week at Forfar Albion when you earn £950 of it working offshore on a rig and £50 for football.

Yes if the owner of Forfar Albion is the only reason you got the job on the rig as he owns the oil company...

Yes if the owner of Forfar Albion is the only reason you got the job on the rig as he owns the oil company...
Yes. Sure Forfar did a lot of this via Ramsay Ladders in the 80s. McPhee? Farningham ? Neil Watt tied in with Angus Marts ? Memory fading a bit but sure at least a bit of this is true.

Yes. Sure Forfar did a lot of this via Ramsay Ladders in the 80s. McPhee? Farningham ? Neil Watt tied in with Angus Marts ? Memory fading a bit but sure at least a bit of this is true.

Sure Forfar still doing it through Chairman Ross Graham’s company “Graham’s Pest Control”

Sure Forfar still doing it through Chairman Ross Graham’s company “Graham’s Pest Control”

Foxy was the one and only Forfar player working for Graham's at the same time as far as I know. Might be wrong though.

10 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Kelty directly may not be.

But the deal of:
- a big signing bonus
- a full time job with conservatory converters
- his weekly wages from kelty

Probably will add up to a full package rate of £750 a week emoji1417.png

I’m involved more at Keltys 20’s level but if what I’m hearing Dylan has a chance to learn a trade going to Kelty through their sponsor same as Stephen Husband done which has resulted in Hubby being secure for later life after football.

Common sense tells you Dylan would be on £200-£250pw at Forfar, add a job on minimum wage as a trainee tradesmen £400pw. Dylan will possibly be on £500 to £600 for 50 hours work per week, he will work full time 9 till 5 as well as train and play for Kelty part time. What difference is that to 90% of players in the SPFL?

I may be wrong but does the Forfar goalkeeper not have the same arrangement through the Forfar chairman’s company?

Players should be commended for thinking of life after football, it’s a very short career with no riches attached at part time level.

I’m involved more at Keltys 20’s level but if what I’m hearing Dylan has a chance to learn a trade going to Kelty through their sponsor same as Stephen Husband done which has resulted in Hubby being secure for later life after football.

Common sense tells you Dylan would be on £200-£250pw at Forfar, add a job on minimum wage as a trainee tradesmen £400pw. Dylan will possibly be on £500 to £600 for 50 hours work per week, he will work full time 9 till 5 as well as train and play for Kelty part time. What difference is that to 90% of players in the SPFL?

I may be wrong but does the Forfar goalkeeper not have the same arrangement through the Forfar chairman’s company?

Players should be commended for thinking of life after football, it’s a very short career with no riches attached at part time level.

Forfar will be paying him more than that

But you're right

Also the part time money is an amazing top up on a normal wage to be fair

On 04/05/2019 at 10:55, sirscottyoung said:

Brora Rangers do the same thing with a lot of their players.  Offer potential signings jobs with some oil firm that one of the directors worked for, and play for them too.  And it was like a combined wage for the 2 jobs type of agreement i think.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Ross Meechan signed for next 2 years - great news has been superb for us, see his goal line tackle on Saturday as evidence. Look like we’ll have same defence as this season.

Still have no idea if it was the greatest tackle in history or the worst miss.. :)