Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Kelty seem to have a fairly slick operation going on. There's certainly money available for the manager to spend so I'd expect some well known faces joining their ranks for next season. Just hope it isn't our lads but if they are going I'd be hoping for JW to have some equally good, but hopefully better, replacements. Maybe Kelty are just checking out a number of teams to see who is willing/available to move.

15 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Kelty seem to have a fairly slick operation going on. There's certainly money available for the manager to spend so I'd expect some well known faces joining their ranks for next season. Just hope it isn't our lads but if they are going I'd be hoping for JW to have some equally good, but hopefully better, replacements. Maybe Kelty are just checking out a number of teams to see who is willing/available to move.

We have pre-contracts signed with 5 players (one of which is Danny Ashe from East Stirling).  Are these guys mentioned out of contract?  Easton would be a stand out in the lowland league but I have no idea if he is one of the other 4 we have signed up.

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We have pre-contracts signed with 5 players (one of which is Danny Ashe from East Stirling).  Are these guys mentioned out of contract?  Easton would be a stand out in the lowland league but I have no idea if he is one of the other 4 we have signed up.

To be honest, I don't know about the contract status of our guys.

It'll be interesting to see who signed along with Ashe. Totally agree Easton would be a stand out.

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

To be honest, I don't know about the contract status of our guys.

It'll be interesting to see who signed along with Ashe. Totally agree Easton would be a stand out.

I'll eat my slippers if Easton signed for Kelty. More money maybe, but shirley , he can't think this would be any good for the boy.  The money is not going to change his lifestyle. 

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I'll eat my slippers if Easton signed for Kelty. More money maybe, but shirley , he can't think this would be any good for the boy.  The money is not going to change his lifestyle. 

I certainly don't want to see him go. The worrying thing is that this rumour about him leaving has been doing the rounds for good few weeks. Clarity needed by the Forfar management, I say.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I certainly don't want to see him go. The worrying thing is that this rumour about him leaving has been doing the rounds for good few weeks. Clarity needed by the Forfar management, I say.

He may be going, butg not to Kelty....

ETA - Why should a club come and waste time on a rumour ? The game would be fucked if that started. BTW If we go up It looks like we will sign David Goodwillie, thats the rumour

Edited by SlipperyP

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

He may be going, butg not to Kelty....

ETA - Why should a club come and waste time on a rumour ? The game would be fucked if that started. BTW If we go up It looks like we will sign David Goodwillie, thats the rumour

Plenty of baggage for Goodwillie but still a top player at this level.  I'd agree Easton is too good for the LL but I would not totally rule it out.  The same could have been said for Husband at one point.

Plenty of baggage for Goodwillie but still a top player at this level.  I'd agree Easton is too good for the LL but I would not totally rule it out.  The same could have been said for Husband at one point.

I'm not sure. Husband was on a massive fall from grace it seemed logical that he'd keep dropping down the levels. Easton would be a better signing for you in my opinion. I'd like us to go for him

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:
2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:
Would be really disappointing to see a player like Easton drop to that level.

Money talks...

How much are they paying anyone know?  

ETA there players weekly wage?

Edited by SlipperyP

Not a clue what their paying.Ballingry all over again,mind when Bobby Linn etc went their for one season then they went bust!!!

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm not sure. Husband was on a massive fall from grace it seemed logical that he'd keep dropping down the levels. Easton would be a better signing for you in my opinion. I'd like us to go for him

I have only seen Easton live once and he was good. Husband is easily one of the best players in the LL so if your saying he's better (which he should be given current level) then it's be a real coup for us but one that sounds unlikely.

9 minutes ago, mo83 said:
13 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Not a clue what their paying.Ballingry all over again,mind when Bobby Linn etc went their for one season then they went bust!!!

Very, very different to Ballingry. We have an infastructure in place and are not handing out the level of dosh vs income that Ballingry did in that ill fated drive!  There is a long term plan at Kelty, the ground investments, move from the Juniors and extended CC club should make that very obvious.