Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

You mean our best player on the park Dylan Easton?
The one that got kicked all over the park and had the ref done his job today would have won us a penalty.

Our only threat second half, should never be subbed when we're chasing the game.

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Aye, completely marked out of the game in the first half until he switched sides.
He didn't look happy being subbed either.

Sorry guys but he has done very little since he signed for us, fantastic skill and touch absolutely but for me the only position he can play in is where Baird plays.....1t half he had ample opportunities to make a run for a ball over the top, to me he just does not have the desire to bust a gut for the cause. (also goes down far too easily)

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Our only threat second half, should never be subbed when we're chasing the game.

Lets take James Forrest, something like 15 goals and 17 assists so far

Dylan 1 goal 2 assists i think....he got himself in to some promising positions 2nd half and failed to deliver once again....these are the reasons he get's hooked every week!

Baird had a poor game also so maybe give him a rest and play Easton there next week.....probably will never happen of course.

Sorry guys but he has done very little since he signed for us, fantastic skill and touch absolutely but for me the only position he can play in is where Baird plays.....1t half he had ample opportunities to make a run for a ball over the top, to me he just does not have the desire to bust a gut for the cause. (also goes down far too easily)
He was making runs though; Eckersly, Travis and Whyte just wouldn't pass the ball forward. To be fair to Eckersley, he was getting frustrated at Whyte and Travis too.
Funny how Easton started getting the ball when he switched to the right side and Moore still did nothing when he switched to the left or did you miss that.

Posted elsewhere but I don't just go hoping for just a win but to be entertained too. £15 plus travelling is a lot of money for me and I'd not spend it watching week after week of that crap that was on show from both sides today.

Easton is the best skilled ball player we have and one of the best in the league. Why wouldn't you want to watch him. He took two Montrose players out the game today just by dipping a shoulder. Pulled four completely out of position before off loading the ball, should have got us a penalty....I sometimes wonder if you actually see anything positive that he does.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

But you can be arsed relentlessly picking on him? 

Tell me all the games he has excelled in this season and last....lets see the list?

I only want to see players who are willing to give their all for the club......nothing wrong with that surely?

Over the years i have seen a lot of players 'picked on' some correctly but others not so...take Yano for example, a section of our support couldn't see he was one of our best Left backs since TC and more importantly always gave 100%

Templeman another joy to watch and going further back Raymond Lorimer was a guy who was hounded but bust a gut every week.

As i say Easton should be in behind Hilson, any place else is a waste of a shirt.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

He was making runs though; Eckersly, Travis and Whyte just wouldn't pass the ball forward. To be fair to Eckersley, he was getting frustrated at Whyte and Travis too.
Funny how Easton started getting the ball when he switched to the right side and Moore still did nothing when he switched to the left or did you miss that.

Posted elsewhere but I don't just go hoping for just a win but to be entertained too. £15 plus travelling is a lot of money for me and I'd not spend it watching week after week of that crap that was on show from both sides today.

Easton is the best skilled ball player we have and one of the best in the league. Why wouldn't you want to watch him. He took two Montrose players out the game today just by dipping a shoulder. Pulled four completely out of position before off loading the ball, should have got us a penalty....I sometime

s wonder if you actually see anything positive that he does.

Positive.....almost 2 seasons......tell me the positives?

I would love to come on here some week and rave about a master class

Derby games are different to all the other games, that's why we need to change it to suit

Positive.....almost 2 seasons......tell me the positives?
I would love to come on here some week and rave about a master class
Derby games are different to all the other games, that's why we need to change it to suit
This season he is far less ball greedy and lays off the ball more frequently.

He was our best and most dangerous player on the park today. Not one other player caused Montrose any problems.

It beggars belief that you couldn't see that.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

What are Bains stats when played on the wing? Or Moores? What did Coupe do when brought on? It's comical the stick Easton gets singled out for, really strange.

Now he wants to leave Baird out!? The only guy who scores. 

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

He was our best and most dangerous player on the park today. Not one other player caused Montrose any problems.

Sorry guys.....i think you are all right....i look forward to Dylan mopping up at the clubs  and the SPFL awards evenings. :blink: (at least he will get 3 votes off here) :lol:

From a Mo perspective Easton was the only Forfar player who caused us any problems up top. That said, I can see why he splits opinions. Nothing much seems to come from his efforts and by Christ he loves a dive/whinge. My impression is that he’s a luxury player that would look great in a good team .. a bit like McKay-Steven.