Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

How did Ross Cunningham get on with you guys? Last time I checked it seemed like he wasn't starting.

Looked alright when he came up to us when he started but then he’s kinda just fizzled out the team & hasn’t really been given many chances, sat on the bench most of the time & some games didn’t even get on.

Not really sure he was what we needed at the time and not entirely sure what position he’s meant to be.

Guest bernardblack
If we’ve got a fee for a third choice centre half then that’s a good bit of business , we’ll need cover though.

Agreed. Any news on a potential signing?

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Personally, I'd hope that any potentially new centre half signing would be better than what we currently have, not just a backup.

Absolutely, to my mind neither Munro, Travis or Whyte are quite good enough and you’d hope for better coming in.

Guest bernardblack
Absolutely, to my mind neither Munro, Travis or Whyte are quite good enough and you’d hope for better coming in.

Whyte is very highly rated in my books and coming onto a game.

Travis alongside is very solid for this level.

As Steve Clark is quoted as saying after yesterdays Killy game - "Forfar came and had a go and credit to them"

Great to see the numbers of Loons fans there, and that nearly everyone stayed until the final whistle to clap the players for a great effort.

8 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Brad Spencer signed on

That's a really decent signing for you guys. I was disappointed when we let him go, and he's the sort of player who'll compliment my boy Thomas Reilly really well.

Let Reilly ping the passes about and dictate things, and Spencer will cover every blade of grass Astro going box-to-box. Sure his passing can be a bit stray, and sure he can be a bit rash when he's tackling, but I think he'll make a very good player at this level. He can be a goal threat too.