Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
13 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

This, he should be quality at this level.

Maybe Malone into midfield?

No issues here with Malone stepping in beside Reilly. Could see that working quite well actually. 

Really liking Bain in his wide right position now too. 

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

No issues here with Malone stepping in beside Reilly. Could see that working quite well actually. 

Not the solution for me.  Don't know if Steddie's got the legs or mobility for a central midfield role these days.  He reads the game well from the back but I don't think he's an adequate replacement for Hill.

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Fair play to J.W.  He has identified our problem left back position and got in a full time Premier League player for part-time wages. It is obvious he sees Malone as a utility squad player filling in as cover for injuries and suspensions, he is not the answer to our mid- field problem.  I would expect Kennedy to be farmed out to the Juniors to get him match fit. 

The young keeper will probably have to keep the bench warm but might get his chance due to injury or given the number of yellow cards McCallum is picking up for blatant time-wasting ,suspension.

Big win today, thought some just weren't at the races but if you want one player to get the one chance then it has to be Baird.

After dominating for the 1st 10 minutes we then sat too deep and for long spells looked 2nd best.

JW getting it in the neck for the subs again, i thought he called it correct and Coupe had a hand in the winner.

Onwards to next week and hopefully we can put in a decent performance.

Big win today, thought some just weren't at the races but if you want one player to get the one chance then it has to be Baird.
After dominating for the 1st 10 minutes we then sat too deep and for long spells looked 2nd best.
JW getting it in the neck for the subs again, i thought he called it correct and Coupe had a hand in the winner.
Onwards to next week and hopefully we can put in a decent performance.
Aye, I thought the subs were pretty good tbh. Eddie's might have come sooner and Easton's slightly later, I'd have enjoyed seeing Hamill fall on his arse just one more time.
Good to see Matty back too.

On 12 January 2019 at 18:05, loon00 said:

Highlight of the game tho had to be Hamill having his ankles broke multiple times. 

Highlight for me was Bairdy giving it to the moaning "barstewards" in the enclosure when he scored. 

Edited by theSilverFox

Highlight for me was Bairdy giving to the moaning "barstewards" in the enclosure when he scored. 

Same as the muppet , in the stand shouting , about time should of been earlier Weir when Malone was subbed , the guy plays where ever he’s told and gives 100% maybe not the silkiest but never hides . Some fans need to get a grip

Same as the muppet , in the stand shouting , about time should of been earlier Weir when Malone was subbed , the guy plays where ever he’s told and gives 100% maybe not the silkiest but never hides . Some fans need to get a grip
He wasn't good today though, 100% effort or no. Looked like we were a man down the whole first half.
Weir changed Baird's role second half and we looked much better.

19 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
19 hours ago, etherglide said:
Did I miss the discussion thread about today’s game? Or wasn’t there one?

Wasn't one. Nae Stranraer fans at the game so no point.

No match thread!! can't remember that happening on p&b surely things haven't gone that dead for either team, always something to discuss.