Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Easton isn’t clinical enough, had 4 good openings on Saturday second half and scored none. Still at least he was creating those openings. If Weir wants to blame anyone for losing on Saturday he should look in the mirror, how many times before he figures Bain needs support against Linn? Murray should have played in place of Moore to allow us to double up on Linn IMO,

Edited by nofixedability

4 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

It's not that he's God but he's miles better than any likely replacement and he's completely ineffective coming on as a sub.

It makes no sense dropping him until there's someone competent to replace him.

He also seems to be JW'S whipping boy. He took a raj at Easton last season for being ball greedy. My point of view was that Easton had got fed up with nothing happening around him and decided to try and take the game on.

Each to their own though.

Dylan is one of those Swankie type player's , you know he has it but you can go months until it happens, someone tell me how many games he has actually done something in a year and a half?

I still maintain his best position would be where Baird is just now, but you couldn't drop him as he has been our best player over the last 2 months.

Give Coupe a chance on the Left and let's see what he can do....certainly do no worse.

Dylan is one of those Swankie type player's , you know he has it but you can go months until it happens, someone tell me how many games he has actually done something in a year and a half?
I still maintain his best position would be where Baird is just now, but you couldn't drop him as he has been our best player over the last 2 months.
Give Coupe a chance on the Left and let's see what he can do....certainly do no worse.

Dylan has had a great season this year so far, after Weir dropped him allegedly for being late for training. He's improved on last season, passing the ball on far more quickly. He does, on occasion, hang on to the ball too, mixing it up is never a bad thing.

Unfortunately he's not a goal scorer which is what he seems to be getting crucified for.

The comparison to Swankie is pretty accurate; away fans relieved when he got subbed and perplexed at some of the Forfar fans constant knocking of him.

Easton has been tremendous this season and is different to anything else going around. He gets slated for not scoring enough and yet Hilson has two league goals both of which were open goals..

So unlucky on Saturday and we've been great to watch since Stenny away, why anybody would want to alter the side at the minute is lost on me.

5 hours ago, tbsouth said:

FAFC record in derbies since Dick took over.....total....W/14  D/13  L/28

Dick had a win ratio of 25% (36 games)

Bollan had a win ratio of 16% (12 games)

Weir has a win ratio of 0% (7 games)

Weir to confound his critics, win the next three derby games and leap into an unassailable  50% win ratio.

Guest bernardblack
Easton has been tremendous this season and is different to anything else going around. He gets slated for not scoring enough and yet Hilson has two league goals both of which were open goals..
So unlucky on Saturday and we've been great to watch since Stenny away, why anybody would want to alter the side at the minute is lost on me.

This. If Easton played for anyone else he’d be everyone’s favourite player at that club.

But we make him a scapegoat because he “doesn’t run enough” from the brigade who think we play 4-4-2 every single week.

He plays every week for me. Can change a game and his ball retention is severely under rated.

13 hours ago, tbsouth said:

FAFC record in derbies since Dick took over.....total....W/14  D/13  L/28

Dick had a win ratio of 25% (36 games)

Bollan had a win ratio of 16% (12 games)

Weir has a win ratio of 0% (7 games)

So are we discounting beating Montrose in the League Cup this year? Or is this just for league games?

Hilson signs to end of next season and Coupe to end of this season. Good news I think.
Aye. Good news. Hilson may not be prolific up front but his work rate really stops the opposition full backs from pushing up high on our defence.
We were constantly overrun and outnumbered at the back during the Bollan tenure because we didn't have someone like Hilson.

On 18 October 2018 at 20:53, victormeldrew said:

Given the lack of activity on this site you wouldn't think we had a MUST WIN GAME coming up.

In order to avoid a dour relegation battle over the rest of the season we have to get  at least 12 points over each of the next 3, 9 game quarters. This would give us 45 points and a respectable mid-table position. The easiest way to do this is 4 wins from 9 and anything else picked up is a bonus.

Jim Weir should have the following games pencilled in as must win games.

Stenhousemuir.  Away.

Brechin. Away.

Dumbarton. Home.

Montrose. Home.

Anyone got a better plan?

Target - 12 points from 9 games.

Over the last 9 games we have gained 15 points. 

9 points coming from our must win games,losing out to Brechin , but picking up 6 bonus points from our good wins over Raith and Airdrie.

So, our 4 must win games over the next 9 games are as follows.

BRECHIN .Home.

DUMBARTON. Away.

STRANRAER. Home.

STENHOUSEMUIR. Home.

Possible bonus points from AIRDRIE Home and MONTOSE  Away.

Much will depend on any January signings and the fate of our loan signings.

I believe, though could be wrong, that Mark Hill, Lewis Moore and Ross Cunningham were all signed short term up to the January window. I would be happy if we were able to extend the contracts of all three until the end of the season. Hill has made the position his, Moore brings a bit of pace and I don't think Cunningham has really been given a chance.

If all three were to leave we could be in trouble.

I believe, though could be wrong, that Mark Hill, Lewis Moore and Ross Cunningham were all signed short term up to the January window. I would be happy if we were able to extend the contracts of all three until the end of the season. Hill has made the position his, Moore brings a bit of pace and I don't think Cunningham has really been given a chance.
If all three were to leave we could be in trouble.

I could see Celtic wanting Hill to move up a league as he's already proved himself at this level. He'd be sorely missed if we don't retain him.