Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it says 7.45 on both tickets but officially its still tbc.

I would think if a tv company was negotiating and wanting to move it significantly i.e. not just 15 mins either way they would be shouting out more that ko is tbc.

I'm fearing a first-leg pumping, here. Something like 1-4 or 1-5. This will render the second-leg a glorified training session in all but name. 

Anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic about the whole thing. 

#bedwettingASC

On 7/10/2018 at 14:18, d31 said:

burnley  aberdeen on a poor run, have not signed anyone , have sent their back up keeper away on loan without having a replacement organised and dont score a lot anyway.

i hope more of a chance to stay in game 

Can we start panicking yet?

Don’t think there are many staying in Burnley itself. Most seem to be in either Preston or Manchester.

Don’t stay in Preston. It’s awful and there is f**k all there.

Good luck to you for this one, hope you can beat them.

Draw for the third round is on Monday. Osijek / Rangers and Asteras / Hibs are unseeded, Burnley / Aberdeen are seeded.

Rangers / Hibs (if they get through) can be drawn against 26 teams, including Sevilla, Zenit, Basel, Besiktas, Fiorentina, Olympiacos, Feyenoord, RB Leipzig. Jeez-oh.

Obviously Aberdeen have got the much harder second round tie, but their prospects look a bit more realistic in the third round if they can get there.

UEFA have published the groups for the third qualifying round draw (1pm our time)

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/round=2000988/

Aberdeen / Burnley will play one of 

6 Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) v Pyunik (ARM)
7 Dunajská Streda (SVK) v Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
8 St. Gallen (SUI) v Sarpsborg (NOR)
9 Dundalk (IRL) v AEK Larnaca(CYP)
10 İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)

Hibs / Asteras will play one of 

1 Sevilla (ESP) v Újpest (Hungary)
2 Molde (NOR) v Laç (ALB)
3 Kairat Almaty (KAZ) v AZ Alkmaar (NED)
4 Rapid Wien (AUT)
5 Rudar Velenje (SVN) v FCSB (ROU)

Rangers / Osijek will play one of 

1 Olympiacos (GRE)
2 Ventspils (LVA) v Bordeaux (FRA)
3 Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO) v Maribor (SVN)
4 Feyenoord (NED)
5 Stjarnan (ISL) v København (DEN)

Knowing our luck we will get through and get AEK Larnaca  ha ha - was there last season! 

Rangers look like they will have it really tough if they get through

Hibs have a couple of easier ties but some real tough ones in there.  Be amazed if any Scottish team in the Europa League qualifies to the play-off rounds as it is so much difficult to qualify now. 

7 hours ago, Scotty Ramone said:

Less than 2,000 tickets left for our home leg.

Hopefully they continue to move on Monday and Tuesday, and  a TV deal gets announced.

Signing or two might help.

Would have expected it to sell out by now given the hard on folk get for the EPL. Shame if we miss out on TV money

If anyone is looking for transport down to Burnley game from Central Belt Livi Reds are looking at running a minibus. Heading down the morning of the game and straight up the road afterwards. If anyone is interested drop me a PM and I will pass on contact details.

If we get through then we have İstanbul Basaksehir FK

Worst draw we could have got lol - last season  they beat Club Brugge, gave Sevilla a right scare in the champions league play-off, beat Braga and Ludogorets Razgrad  in the Europa League Group stages but finished 3rd just 1pt off Ludogorets Razgrad. 

Archived