Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

I think the team did themselves proud.  The margins are fine and on this occasion they just lost out but didn't let their supporters down.  I'm feeling really positive about our national game this season :).

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt the final score was harsh on the dons. Put a hell of effort into that, created lot's of chances and with a bit more composure might have scored more. Although Lewis made some cracking saves to keep score down.

You'd fancy if they hadn't lost christie, mclean etc the result might have been different, maybe bit more time taken in middle of park. Lot of random swipes at the ball taken. 

Boys done great over the two games, very hard tie to get in nd qualifying round.

Lewis, solid as always.

Defense should have done better for the first goal, was too easy, don't think there was anything  McKenna could have done with his hands to avoid the pen.

Midfield was pleasing, thought we were very strong last night, got the ball down and played through the wings where McGinn and GMS gave plenty of service into the box. What a goal from the young lad, looks like he is going to be a big signing for us.

Again it was clear we are too weak up front, Cosgrove done well but wasn't a treat to their goal. We need to fix this ASAP for the league campaign. 

Well our long European run comes to an end.

That was a hell of a night. I was probably a few too many beers down to give much of a tactical insight into the game.

Lewis was sensational, Ferguson’s goal absolutely brilliant. Work rate and organisation was absolutely brilliant. I didn’t think we ever ‘really’ looked like scoring again but whilst it was 1–1 all it took was a moment of magic or luck.

The atmosphere was phenomenal, certainly in the away end. I recognise all day drinking contributes to that but Jesus that was good. Just the raw emotion at times coming from the away end you could really feel it. I think Burnley could too. Few of my mates left at 3-1 which was really poor I thought. Players put fucking everything into that and deserved credit at the end. Thankfully a couple stayed behind with me as I refused to leave haha. Paid the price as Train back to Manchester wasn’t until 11.45.

Think rangers will come too soon for us and I’d be ok with a draw right now. I just hope the bedwetters aren’t out in force if we happen to lose

14 hours ago, Deja vu said:

Oh well, that makes it okay then. It's because of people like you accepting the drudge that we produce in this country, that the status quo in standards remain, and we continue to do nothing. We all contribute season after season, money, time, sweat n tears for what? 

Are you honestly saying that because this shit run was better than the 'face lifted' other part of the gruesome twosome, your happy?

So Aberdeen weren't narrowly beaten by Burnley because of the disparity in spending power, its because not enough of their fans are online whinging about how bad Scottish football is?

How is acting like a mumpy faced c**t going to make the Scottish game better on the pitch?

5 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

So Aberdeen weren't narrowly beaten by Burnley because of the disparity in spending power, its because not enough of their fans are online whinging about how bad Scottish football is?

How is acting like a mumpy faced c**t going to make the Scottish game better on the pitch?

Why are Burnley part of a big money machine? Because the people running their game over the years have promoted their game to significant levels to dictate the money they can gleem off those who want to give it. 

My point is, more of us pushing for change in the way our game is run and not accepting the standards season after season. Feeding the people in power will never get them to change anything or even think about improvement. You promote your happy with what you get, so they give you that without any thought of making it better.

A continual procession of young fans accepting what their fathers accepted without questioning if we can make it better. 

If you are happy with Hearts, as most other clubs do, bungeeing up and down the leagues without achieving anything in a set up that will never give the ultimate satisfaction of value for money nor reaching for betterment, then you keep the faith and go to your grave safe in the knowledge that you have helped to maintain the standards of the Scottish game. 

44 minutes ago, Deja vu said:

Why are Burnley part of a big money machine? Because the people running their game over the years have promoted their game to significant levels to dictate the money they can gleem off those who want to give it. 

My point is, more of us pushing for change in the way our game is run and not accepting the standards season after season. Feeding the people in power will never get them to change anything or even think about improvement. You promote your happy with what you get, so they give you that without any thought of making it better.

A continual procession of young fans accepting what their fathers accepted without questioning if we can make it better. 

If you are happy with Hearts, as most other clubs do, bungeeing up and down the leagues without achieving anything in a set up that will never give the ultimate satisfaction of value for money nor reaching for betterment, then you keep the faith and go to your grave safe in the knowledge that you have helped to maintain the standards of the Scottish game. 

Not a lot of specifics in that post.

A post full of hyperbole and little substance.

The reference to hearts is very bizarre and not sure why relevant.

What action do you wish for people who attend matches week in week out to make?

57 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Excellent impersonation of a bumblebee, one of your best posts this year.

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Celtic quickly snap up any quality players they want from rival Scottish clubs, which makes our league weaker. Unless they are of a Lafferty persuasion naturally. Mackay Steven, Armstrong, Ciftci, Lewis Morgan, pretty much anyone from Hibs they fancy....

Oh, it’s not all down to Celtic rendering any Scottish rival toothless by hoovering up their talent. Clearly not. I can do nothing but sit back and watch helplessly as St Mirren talent Lewis Morgan goes to Celtic, Stevie Mallan goes to Barnsley, John McGinn goes to Hibs, Kenny McLean goes to Aberdeen, Kyle McAllister goes to Derby.... and that’s just my own club. It is replicated across the land. What can you do though, except shrug your shoulders and hope your team gets a squad of decent guys, but no individual that good to attract attention.

It’s brutal, but as soon as a Scottish club gets a sniff of a good team being formed these days, off they go. It’s one of the reasons I said in the ‘English comparison’ thread that up here I only watch St Mirren, but I can watch the EPL. There are talented players that their clubs can hold onto, that I enjoy watching, in at least ten of the clubs down there. Just as an example, I will be interested to see how West Ham’s new big money signings get on. It’s crazy down there, but at least it’s not a one-horse race.

Aberdeen though, they played well last night and there was no obvious difference in the relative finances of both clubs, which dictates the relative quality of their players. A bit sharper in front of goal was the only difference between both sides. Aberdeen created plenty chances and aside from the first goal, did well defensively too.

All valid points as usual Poz and I agree. I was trying to enlighten De Ja Gloo about talent leaving the country to go to another country depleting the talent pool up here. Good that Celtic and the other clubs now loan them back after buying them and even loan them back for another season until they are ready to step up.

I thought Aberdeen played excellently and showed the English our league although poorer in finances isn't the Sunday pub league they had been mocking us for. Any luck Aberdeen might have moved the decimal point to right when the English come looking for our best talent. They haven't beaten a Scottish club in regulation time in Europe since they got that bumper billion buck deal. :D

In the words of Kelly Clarkson, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
At least you're not a gammon faced, foreigner hating, Leave voting c**t. *

Spoiler *No offence if you are a gammon faced, foreigner hating, Leave voting c**t.

True enough pal. I'll take the same moral high ground I take when we get humped off the old firm. At least I'm not a fucking arsehole c**t. At least I'm not fucking ENGLISH.

Archived