Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Can you wear Lacoste in Burnley or will you get arrested/burnt in a large wicker statue for being too European and unbrexity?

Beware of clog wearing hooligans brandishing coshes made from black puddings.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

Can you wear Lacoste in Burnley or will you get arrested/burnt in a large wicker statue for being too European and unbrexity?

It's a strange old place, first time I went was for a midweek game and the place felt like it had shut down. Nothing open, pubs only open for home fans. Subsequently we have drunk in Nelson which isn't too far and has some really decent pubs that are a lot quieter. 

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Progression purposes aside, i’ve no idea how that’s anything other than an absolute peach of a draw. Thousands of Aberdonians taking over some Brexit shithole for a couple of days, will be an absolutely class away day. 

Hopefully Aberdeen show up, get stuck in and make it through. Allez le SPFL. 

If Aberdeen wanted to do that, they could just play a friendly against Peterhead.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

At least it is financially good for the club as Sky/BT Sport/ITV will take the game home and away 

Because it’s the Europa League, Sky won’t be able to touch it.  BT and ITV have nothing to do with the qualifiers, so it’ll be Premier Sports again.

That’s a stinker of a draw. Absolute stinker.

40 years ago you would say Aberdeen would be firm favourites but it’s changed days.

I will be dreaming of a Red army invasion of Burnley, Aberdeen to knock them out and stick two fingers up to the English “Scottish pub league” patter types. That would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, Eoin Doyle said:

The seething from the English media would be glorious if Aberdeen knock Burnley out. 

Doubt it, will be pompusly filed under ‘nobody gives a f*ck about the Europa League anyway’. 

A shiter of a draw for Aberdeen and best chance they would have would be if Dyche treats the Europa league with disdain like other English clubs but he doesn’t strike me as that type. I fancy them to do quite decent in it to be honest.

Anyway if Aberdeen can’t beat them on the pitch hopefully a resounding victory off it with Multiple EDL type cretins getting hospital food for a while.

Archived