Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

16 hours ago, shuggz said:

Clubs now get the points earned by themselves over the last 5 years,or 20% of their countries coefficient,whichever is greater.

This is what the **** have got..in the old system we would now have 7.725 but,like other diddy clubs we've been hung out to dry in UEFA's drive to protect the "bigger" clubs.

Yes, we've been downgraded in favour of the likes of FC Mariupol and FC Ufa - didn't see either of them lifting the European Super Cup  (or even for that matter, ever doing anything in Europe in their entire history).

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/05/2018 at 20:51, betting competition said:

Slavia Praha or Sigma Olomouc or FK Jablonec (Cze 6.035 - 34.500)

Now that the season and cup are done and dusted the second round Czech team will be Sparta Prague, who are honestly a reasonably beatable team this season - poor and inconsistent. Slavia won the cup and got second so Jablonec in the group stages and Sigma in the third round. 

TBH hoping this will be the year we draw a team that's in train/bus distance from me. 

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:40, RussellAnderson said:

My year. I'm going to the away game. f**k it, bring on Atalanta or Milan. I want to drink lager in a piazza.

You'll be able to do that when you visit Paisley to play St Mirren...but don't be too obvious about it or you'll get lifted.

On 29/05/2018 at 17:28, Menzel said:

Now that the season and cup are done and dusted the second round Czech team will be Sparta Prague, who are honestly a reasonably beatable team this season - poor and inconsistent. Slavia won the cup and got second so Jablonec in the group stages and Sigma in the third round. 

TBH hoping this will be the year we draw a team that's in train/bus distance from me. 

I'd be up for a trip to Prague! Would be a class away day!

20 hours ago, betting competition said:

The best trips are the ones with the least fans travel - Macedonia or Herzegovina was amazing trips.

Notice that the prize money for Europa League for 2nd round is going up from 225k to 260k Euros.

Sort of good news but doesn’t make up for the added difficulty in getting further, or even that far.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Groups should be out soon 

The winners out of

Zalgiris v Birkirkara/Klaskvik 
Dundalk v Levadia

Are the most ideal ties I can see at the moment

It's a weird mix of glamourous, but forget about going any further, teams (Sevilla, Besiktas, Leipzig) and some that Scottish teams should beat more often than not. Although most somewhere in the middle, i.e. probably lose but aren't that attractive either.

4 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I'd like revenge on Maribor. Would also have a good chance of being seeded in the 3rd round if we were to get and beat them.

I see the QR3 draw is made between QR1 and QR2, so they must do the seeding for QR3 on the assumption that seeded teams in QR2 (like Maribor, if they win QR1) will win those ties.

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

It's a weird mix of glamourous, but forget about going any further, and teams that Scottish teams should beat more often than not.

I see the QR3 draw is made between QR1 and QR2, so they must do the seeding for QR3 on the assumption that seeded teams in QR2 (like Maribor, if they win QR1) will win those ties.

If it is still set up as it has been the last few years, the winner of a tie takes on the highest seeding, whether it is them or the opponents). So it's not assumed that the higher seed will win the tie, just that if you beat a team seeded higher than you then you get the benefit of inheriting their seeding for the following round's draw.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Any mention of Maribor still triggers me as I ruefully recall that absolute abomination of a second-leg referee.

Woy

McGinty's (where I watched that abomination) was mentioned to me 2 days ago and that was enough to have me triggered.

Would be pure Kevin Keegan heads gone if I was interviewed pre-match if we got them

Archived