Scott Hutchison

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a shite situation all round I'm afraid. His suffering is over but the family and friends are just getting on a rollercoaster of guilt, regret and what if?

He was probably dead before the police were called. Despite being at your absolute lowest many people who do end their own life experience a phase of calm and almost a strange happiness about the decision they've made. They have likely suffered for a number of years and this is the way out and it can be a relief.

We aren't even touching the sides when it comes to understanding menta ill health.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This hit me really hard this morning despite thinking the worst from when he went missing.
I don’t really know what to add that hasn’t already been said, but just talk to someone, it does make it easier.

Far, far easier said than done (take that from first hand experience). 

Far, far easier said than done (take that from first hand experience). 

Absolutely without doubt it’s not easy to do but if there is anyone struggling and you could do with someone to talk to, I’m happy to receive a pm. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to help but I’ll definitely listen.

At my lowest the police lifted me from the wall of Troon harbour and I was kept in Ailsa Hospital in Ayr for a time, this was a number of years ago,

Once slept on Aberdeen beach with vodka and pills, was missing for 36 hours when went to my GP and didn't work for months.

When the black dog arrives it is the hardest thing in the world to control, and some days it still comes back even though there is much in my life that is right

It is the hardest thing to do yourself and the easiest advice to give but talk to each other or anyone.

Horrible news day

Utterly horrendous news but feared the worse as soon as he went missing.

Depression is an utter c**t of an illness. Currently signed of work for 2 months and going through the breakup of an 18 year marriage all due pretty much to depression and anxiety.

Reading some of Scott's quotes online today regarding his mental health I can really relate to how he must have been feeling. Only comfort to be had is that he is no longer in pain. Unfortunately the same can't be said for his friends and family. Very, very sad.

Heartbreaking. I am so sorry for his friends and family right now. Hopefully the small comfort may be the outpouring of love which came his way yesterday.

What a legacy of music he has left behind and how sad that this will not be expanded upon.

One of my favourites of his, a cover but he made it his (I think somebody on here posted this on another thread once and tipped me off to it - thanks to whoever that was!).

26 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

'Floating in the Forth' was always a bit of a chilling song, but even more so now. Horrible. 

Horrible to think he wrote that over 10 years ago and it's almost an exact prediction  for how he killed himself. Not often I get upset about someone I've never met dying but this one is gutting. Seen them at 02 academy about 6 weeks ago and it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen, can't believe its turned out to be one of their last.

4 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Horrible to think he wrote that over 10 years ago and it's almost an exact prediction  for how he killed himself. Not often I get upset about someone I've never met dying but this one is gutting. Seen them at 02 academy about 6 weeks ago and it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen, can't believe its turned out to be one of their last.

His writing was so personal, that you could not help but feel like you know him.

I've never really felt like that for any other songwriter. Supremely talented. 

Today’s society hates men and treats us with utter contempt but when one of us finds things tough and unbearable and he feels he has no other choice than to take his own life then society acts all shocked and surprised as to why it happened

Archived