Scott Hutchison

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Maybe wishful thinking, but if his intention was around the Forth Road bridge then surely CCTV would have picked that up and the family would have clarity by now. Perhaps in that sense no news is good news. Hope he’s safe

I hope you are right. I had the same thought process.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would have potentially been called in as a concern for his safety. From the outside looks like he has poor mental health  issues likely depression a lot of creative types struggle with this and there will lilely be oyher indicators that push the risk assessment someone will make about his welfare. This has evolved into a missing person search.with the threat to life the authorities tend to throw resources at it. Oh and CCTV is not the be all and end all people expect it to be.

Really hope there is some good news. A fan of his and the band's music, used to regularly sing ''Keep Yourself Warm'' when pished/walking home and alone. 

Saying that, I seen an interview with Gabriel Bryne on RTÉ talking about the culture there is that they don't talk/take another drink etc it'll all be alright, you're a man and whilst happy to talk about everything including football twice, we don't talk about how we're feeling. And we are quite similar I think.  It's slowly changing, but I think a problem for some is that we are too stoic plus the 'ah dinnae want to bother you with my problems'. We need to talk more all of us.

I know of a guy who would go missing for a few days then turn up on one of the islands, or some remote place so hoping something similar here.

He would have potentially been called in as a concern for his safety. From the outside looks like he has poor mental health  issues likely depression a lot of creative types struggle with this and there will lilely be oyher indicators that push the risk assessment someone will make about his welfare. This has evolved into a missing person search.with the threat to life the authorities tend to throw resources at it. Oh and CCTV is not the be all and end all people expect it to be.

Cctv is only as good as the operator.

I normally don't really get affected by things like this. I know there's no rationale in being sad about the fate of someone you've never met. But we can all relate to Scott and his struggles and this has hit me strangely hard this last couple of days. Really hope we get a positive outcome. 

10 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Record reporter saying two folk seen on CCTV on the FRB at 1.10am that will either have been Scott or may know his whereabouts.

What reporter, on twitter?

edit* Sorry, I see it now. Hopefully these two can provide some assistance. 

CCTV showed someone walked onto the bridge that night on the Edinburgh side and they didn't leave on the fife side. That's according to the sun.

It says that there's no footage of this person walking on to the bridge, only walking towards it.

“There is footage of a third person walking towards the Bridge but there is nothing of them coming off on the Fife side.

“However, we have no footage of this individual walking onto the bridge but they are walking towards it.

Obviously this still doesn't give much hope, but I feel that on any major bridge there should be cameras that have the sole purpose of monitoring what goes on and what goes off, never mind a bridge that has a history of people attempting suicide.

Archived