Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

3 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Shite plan. You have tried that twice this season and failed.

It's a fine plan, it's your mob not playing ball and rolling over to us that's the problem! ;)

All the best Lewis, it just wasn't to be.

Just didn’t work out for the lad. 

Very similar to Ryan Mccord when we were in the Championship, had always impressed at lower level but just looked out of place. I’m sure he’s a decent enough player and will do well for Montrose, but it was clear he wasn’t what we need this season. 

Hope he does well, seems a nice lad - and fair play to him for wanting to just play football - would be easy enough to sit on the bench picking up a full time wage. 

Sorry in a way, things never took off for Lewis at R.R. Was initially gutted when he and Ballantyne left, meaning we were playing at a higher level than last season, without Temps or two of our better players. Felt Petrie really did the honourable thing by letting Milne, who had signed for the Mo, take a shot at full-time football. Excellent news for the Mo, that he's returning here.

Hope he proves his detractors at R.R. wrong by making an impact with us.

Any chance of Ballantyne coming back as well?

How do people see Milne fitting in with our current team? From memory, he seemed to score a few goals from set pieces last season. 

It would have been great to have landed an out and out striker but anyone with a proven record of hitting the back of the onion bag, has to be a welcome addition, providing he can find a niche within the set-up.

Here's hoping Petrie can once again get the best from a player, where others have failed.

On 25/01/2019 at 04:58, Brummo said:

Sorry in a way, things never took off for Lewis at R.R. Was initially gutted when he and Ballantyne left, meaning we were playing at a higher level than last season, without Temps or two of our better players. Felt Petrie really did the honourable thing by letting Milne, who had signed for the Mo, take a shot at full-time football. Excellent news for the Mo, that he's returning here.

Hope he proves his detractors at R.R. wrong by making an impact with us.

Any chance of Ballantyne coming back as well?

How do people see Milne fitting in with our current team? From memory, he seemed to score a few goals from set pieces last season. 

It would have been great to have landed an out and out striker but anyone with a proven record of hitting the back of the onion bag, has to be a welcome addition, providing he can find a niche within the set-up.

Here's hoping Petrie can once again get the best from a player, where others have failed.

See Lewis playing in the number 10 role.

great to have him back and was a key player 2nd half of last season, some players for whatever reasons a move doesn’t work out, John Gemmell anyone?

See Lewis playing in the number 10 role.

great to have him back and was a key player 2nd half of last season, some players for whatever reasons a move doesn’t work out, John Gemmell anyone?
"The Beast" was over the moon when Steven Tweed signed him up.....ended up a complete disaster.

Very similar to Ryan Mccord when we were in the Championship, had always impressed at lower level but just looked out of place. I’m sure he’s a decent enough player and will do well for Montrose, but it was clear he wasn’t what we need this season. 
Hope he does well, seems a nice lad - and fair play to him for wanting to just play football - would be easy enough to sit on the bench picking up a full time wage. 
But you play in the same league as Montrose, do you not or have I missed something

19 minutes ago, ecto said:
On 24/01/2019 at 21:40, CALDERON said:

But you play in the same league as Montrose, do you not or have I missed something

Yes, but Milne didn't impress at this level last season. It was the league below. 

"The Beast" was over the moon when Steven Tweed signed him up.....ended up a complete disaster.
He scored a last minute winner against East Fife in the cup whilst here. I lost my shit celebrating and still can't remember 30 seconds of the running around jumping like a bairn. I was standing near to Hamish for some odd reason as it's not where I normally stand, so no one would of noticed. Hamish was singing about hating Berwick for some reason. Right colours, wrong team.

So Mr. Gemmell has my thanks for that.

Wasn't there rumours about a 'businessman' paying his wages or something like that? As you say it never worked out and he obviously didn't enjoy his time with us.

Back to the league, we have a great chance to push on in the next few weeks and secure at least survival in this league. Hoping with Milne having been training fulltime and not getting game time he'll be one of the fittest on the park and ready to go.

Mom the Mo!

Going with the Montrose Youth/U18 keeper I believe.
Interesting. Must have asked to leave then. After yesterday's performance I really hope SP is bringing in another forward player before the window closes. Had some great chances that should have been put away

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:07, GableEnder21 said:
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:05, VillaKnollBoy said:
Going with the Montrose Youth/U18 keeper I believe.

Interesting. Must have asked to leave then. After yesterday's performance I really hope SP is bringing in another forward player before the window closes. Had some great chances that should have been put away

Why has SP not used his full quota of loan signings?

Think the quota is 5. Could be doing with a centre half if anything to tide us over to the end of season since Matty Allan is likely to be out for a while yet.
I think it's 5 in total but only allowed 4 at a time. I wonder if we will keep the final space for another goalkeeper now that Millar has moved on, or if we'll just stick with Fleming and whoever our youth keeper is now, Euan Rose I think.