Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:
1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:
Sandy Woods, anyone? 

Hasn't played for about 5 years, if he's kept himself in decent condition he might be alright as a back up goalkeeper but I'm sure there's better options kicking about.

I wasn’t meaning for Cowden, apologies. I was just wondering how he was for your lot?

I wasn’t meaning for Cowden, apologies. I was just wondering how he was for your lot?
Ah fair enough, I can't really remember his first spell with us, but when he came back he was mainly used as a back up goalkeeper. He was okay when he did play from memory, why do you ask?

Right, we now forget the Cup game and focus 100% on Dumbarton away for the third time. Lots of stuff coming out of Dumbarton about them not having even a full team at present. Not our problem and all I'll say is that any team Jim Duffy puts out will be hard to beat.

It is a winnable game for the Mo and that's how we approach it. Duck's arse like at the back, experience in midfield and three up front. Back to the basics which have put points on the board recently. If I changed anything it would be to put Paul Watson in midfield alongside Paddy Cregg and Terry Masson and I'd like to find space for Antoniazzi who I thought might come on second half in the cup game to add a bit more guile up front. Trust in SP though, but nowt experimental or daft - just solid stuff. Maybe be best keeping Bolo out of this one as they sure found a way to wind him up last time and would target him again.

Showed absolutely nothing to indicate he was remotely up to playing for a side at the top end of League 1. The most lightweight and ineffective player I've seen for years. I wish him all the best because he seems like a nice lad but just not cut out for us whatsoever. 

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Showed absolutely nothing to indicate he was remotely up to playing for a side at the top end of League 1. The most lightweight and ineffective player I've seen for years. I wish him all the best because he seems like a nice lad but just not cut out for us whatsoever. 

His mindset seemed similar to that of Chris Johnston. Two very different types of players, but they both seemed to totally shirk out of any situation which was difficult. As I mentioned on our thread, wrong time for the wrong player. It doesn't help that he's probably best played as a number 10, and we have Lewis Vaughan who is utter lightyears away from him in terms of ability.

43 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

His mindset seemed similar to that of Chris Johnston. Two very different types of players, but they both seemed to totally shirk out of any situation which was difficult. As I mentioned on our thread, wrong time for the wrong player. It doesn't help that he's probably best played as a number 10, and we have Lewis Vaughan who is utter lightyears away from him in terms of ability.

We get it, you didn't rate him, but he is away now. Stop whining and work out a plan to stop those smokie b****rds

Acht we were warned about Nisbet from other fans and he's been superb for us. Some players are just suited to particular clubs and unfortunately it didn't work out for Milne with us. I have no doubt he'll go back to Montrose and crack on. It helps all parties as Milne will probably start getting more game time with yourselves and it frees up a wage at our end.