Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

16 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Noticed Cammy Ballantyne wasn't in the Dumbarton starting eleven yesterday and didn't look to be on the bench either. Will be a bummer for him if he doesn't get regular starts. Hope he doesn't play against us.

He was recovering from an injury, should be back for Tuesday.

I meant to on Saturday but never got round to it but I want to congratulate Montrose on very good result at Falkirk.

I thought Falkirk would win by a couple but am delighted to be proved wrong (even if it done my coupon no favours).

Good win last night for Montrose against a stuffy East Fife team,thought Montrose passed about the ball well last night with their makeshift team out.Superb goal and build up to play win the game,good to see cavanagh finally showing more of potential.
East Fife looked decent enough big physical strong team, Meggatt had a good game for you lot can tell he has played at a higher level before.
My man of the match last night goes to Andrew Steeves ran his heart out last night up and down than wing all night,always gives 100% and loves playing for the mo which is great to have.

I was impressed with Montrose last night. A really tough, well organised team who don't give you an inch. Like ourselves, they obviously lack a bit of cutting edge up front but they worked hard for their chances and managed to score a well worked goal.

Any L1 sides hoping Montrose might bomb this season and go straight back down are going to be sorely disappointed I suspect.

I was impressed with Montrose last night. A really tough, well organised team who don't give you an inch. Like ourselves, they obviously lack a bit of cutting edge up front but they worked hard for their chances and managed to score a well worked goal.

Any L1 sides hoping Montrose might bomb this season and go straight back down are going to be sorely disappointed I suspect.

On paper it’s not great but they’re clearly well organised and commanded well by the man Dillon.

All good and well when you’re confident and on a bit of a roll but when things start going against you and you lose a bit of confidence that can all go.

I’m slightly apprehensive about the first league game because they’re on a really good run and it would be so typical for that to continue against us with some kind of pumping but can still see them battling it out further down the table.

Could be totally wrong however. It happens quite a lot. [emoji6]

On paper it’s not great but they’re clearly well organised and commanded well by the man Dillon.

All good and well when you’re confident and on a bit of a roll but when things start going against you and you lose a bit of confidence that can all go.

I’m slightly apprehensive about the first league game because they’re on a really good run and it would be so typical for that to continue against us with some kind of pumping but can still see them battling it out further down the table.

Aye, that's true. They remind me of us in the early years of Jim Moffat. Well organised, got promoted and got off to a flier in L1. But when things when wrong, we really didn't have the individual quality to get out if it.

Sp does really well with the resources he has,August the 4th will be a tough test but he will have them fired up for it for sure could go either way first game of the season.
From last night starting 11 come August I could see up to 5-6 changes when we face you lot, and that's nothing against who played last night they all played their part.

Bit off topic, but did Paddy Creggs red card in a friendly mean he was suspended for two of your Betfred Cup matches?