Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

I know it's been a good season and all that but 0-5, that is bad!

Never expected that when I finally plucked up the courage to check the score tonight.  Dream well and truly crushed beyond expectation.

Still, put it down to experience and hope that if we do have to face Queens next season, we do far better than today, Dobbie or no Dobbie.

On the plus side, half of the Angus League is still intact for next season. 

And can't complain to be where we are in our first season outside of the fourth tier for decades.

Commiserations guys. It's one bad result but what a terrific season. Sometimes you have to hold your hand up to brilliance. Dobbie is probably a PL player. 

More important for Mo is preparing for the difficult 2nd season in L1. Good luck.

One result doesn’t make a bad season.  We came up against the best striker in Scotland yesterday.  Aye it’s a tough one to take, but let’s look at the positives 

1st season out of the bottom league in over 23 years and to finish 4th

The re-signing of Cammy

Players that would run through walls for each other 

higher attendances and pride back in the town and community

SP stating this only the beginning

Anyone heard who else we are possibly after? Said in the paper last week he is looking for more attacking options.
Thought SP's interview was brilliant yesterday. He said 3 or 4 maximum to come in. The way he said it I assumed that's as well as Cammy. Haven't heard any names but I reckon he'll be after a keeper, centre half, attacking midfielder and a goalscorer. Needs to sort out the spine for a very tough league next year.

Hard to describe this season as anything other than a massive success. I expected us to be in a similar boat to Stenny scrapping at the bottom end, but the late run of form kept us well away from it. We've taken a small handful of hidings off of better teams (Arabs, QOS yesterday, A******h opening day) but looked more than capable against anything else thrown at us.

Difficult second-album to come, and I reckon the division will be a bit harder next year, but hopefully the right signings come in to keep us on the level. Cammy back is a promising start. Roll on July....

Any word on Matty Allan? Hopefully he'll be back in action next season.
I spoke to him at the Airdrie game a few weeks ago, he reckons he should be good to go for the start of the season.

8 hours ago, Scorge said:

Difficult second-album to come, and I reckon the division will be a bit harder next year, but hopefully the right signings come in to keep us on the level. Cammy back is a promising start. Roll on July....

Yes getting Cammy back is a good start but as well as looking at who else might come in we also need to be aware of who might go out. For instance Ryan Harrington will be going back to Aberdeen - hopefully we can have him back as he has the makings of a good centre back with Cammy alongside as RB. Ryan would need to drop down to part-time and that could be a problem unless he can't get a full time contract. Euan Henderson goes back to Hearts as well so we are lightweight with pace out wide. The other thing is that at least one of our players is attracting attention elsewhere and if that develops it would be a major problem for us. Best not to throw a name about though. A couple of more players are mid 30's now and might struggle - Sean Dillon for one - look at Queens second goal yesterday. Quite a bit of re-building still I think if we are firstly to maintain our strength but secondly increase our strength. I have confidence SP will do it but it won't be easy or quick.

12 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Yes getting Cammy back is a good start but as well as looking at who else might come in we also need to be aware of who might go out. For instance Ryan Harrington will be going back to Aberdeen - hopefully we can have him back as he has the makings of a good centre back with Cammy alongside as RB. Ryan would need to drop down to part-time and that could be a problem unless he can't get a full time contract. Euan Henderson goes back to Hearts as well so we are lightweight with pace out wide. The other thing is that at least one of our players is attracting attention elsewhere and if that develops it would be a major problem for us. Best not to throw a name about though. A couple of more players are mid 30's now and might struggle - Sean Dillon for one - look at Queens second goal yesterday. Quite a bit of re-building still I think if we are firstly to maintain our strength but secondly increase our strength. I have confidence SP will do it but it won't be easy or quick.

Yes we have Euan returning to his parent club, however a fit CJ, Josh Skelly and Blair Lyons who have pace to burn.  Thank a full pre season with Martin and Rusty will see us going good up front.  

Think a new goalie, 2 x centre halves and a midfielder who can pick out a pass and we will be laughing.  We do have an aging squad, however as proven by Terry Masson this year sometimes players improve as they get older.

Tonight, or here, in the wee small hours of tomorrow, the first leg of the final of the Championship playoff will be televised live on BBC Alba.

This would have been my only opportunity to take in a live Mo game and I could have had some mates round to watch it. For one night only, or more accurately two, I could have joined the likes of fans of the Liverpools and Barcelonas in this part of the world, in watching their team live on the telly.

Rather than being the usual sad Billy Nomates, sitting all alone, in front of my computer, or peering at my phone, watching for the club's Twitter feed or BBC live text updates, we could have been cracking open a beer or two and sharing in the excitement together.

As we know, that hope is extinguished, for now and so, I'd like to post a link to something that evokes how I and doubtless many, many of you are feeling right now, in the hope that somehow, in some small way, it helps ease the pain... It should've been Mo!

Edited by Brummo
Space, the final frontier.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:24, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Yes we have Euan returning to his parent club, however a fit CJ, Josh Skelly and Blair Lyons who have pace to burn.  Thank a full pre season with Martin and Rusty will see us going good up front.  

Think a new goalie, 2 x centre halves and a midfielder who can pick out a pass and we will be laughing.  We do have an aging squad, however as proven by Terry Masson this year sometimes players improve as they get older.

Agree, and you can add Paul Watson to that. He made a helluva a difference when coming on late season. Another I think did well was Webby who is I think sometimes under-rated. Always good to have a Webby in the squad as much as it's vital to always have a Hamish in the crowd!

1 hour ago, MOFOREVER said:

Agree, and you can add Paul Watson to that. He made a helluva a difference when coming on late season. Another I think did well was Webby who is I think sometimes under-rated. Always good to have a Webby in the squad as much as it's vital to always have a Hamish in the crowd!

Watch this space in regards Watson & Webby and contract announcements 

Any good?

Never really stood out, can show glimpses of the player he can be but pretty anonymous at times. Was surprised when I found the clubs in for him. BUT with the correct coaching, you never know, bearing in mind he’s 23

The vultures are circling over on the League 2  board. The pyramid afficinados, the likes of LongTimeLurker and other pompous, patronising know-all statoholics from the "big" teams, like the Perth Saintees, who presume to know what's best for the game in Scotland, are descending on the wake that is the Berwick vs Cove thread. 

I am close to being a neutral regards the current pyramid arrangements, for reasons that I've spelled out often enough, not to need to bore people with. What a relief this year, to be spared the tedium of the "expertise" of these saviours of our national game. Long may our absence from their midst continue! That is all.

Edited by Brummo
T ,