Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

3 hours ago, Aidan said:
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:
Who was the substitute goalie for Montrose? He looked as if he’s still at school, which is obviously possible. Not to be disrespectful to him, but he also seemed a bit short if he had to come on in an emergency.

Ross Matthews, I'm sure he's only 16.

Cheers.

Stand aside Sellick and the rest! If things continue the way they're going, I'll wager it will be SP's Mo which wrestles Euro Cup winning dominance  from out of English hands. We are the Mo!

(p.s. I have just drunk a very large glass of sauvignon blanc.)

Next seasons home top confirmed. Can't say I'm a fan but it's obviously what the majority voted for and there's a nice shirt in the same template that I'd purchase for the away shirt so I won't cry too much.Screenshot_20190510-144051_Facebook.jpg

Think it's a cracking shirt and looking forward to sporting that next season. Wouldn't have minded the one wit the dark sleeves either.
It's not terrible but I'm not keen on the white sleeves, although I am aware that we did have white sleeves before my time. I wasn't a fan of the red away kit we had a couple of years ago when I saw it in pictures but ended up buying it so the same may happen here.

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:
42 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:
Think it's a cracking shirt and looking forward to sporting that next season. Wouldn't have minded the one wit the dark sleeves either.

It's not terrible but I'm not keen on the white sleeves, although I am aware that we did have white sleeves before my time. I wasn't a fan of the red away kit we had a couple of years ago when I saw it in pictures but ended up buying it so the same may happen here.

Only question mark over hummel is that they have struggled with supplies- Forest Green Rovers ditched them because they had failed to deliver first team kits a month into the season! (never mind the replicas for the fans). They have been slow off the mark elsewhere, too.

Hopefully these problems have been cleared up. I'm absolutely delighted to have moved away from Nike.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Next seasons home top confirmed. Can't say I'm a fan but it's obviously what the majority voted for and there's a nice shirt in the same template that I'd purchase for the away shirt so I won't cry too much.Screenshot_20190510-144051_Facebook.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me. I'm also kinda glad that they're going for blue shorts and white socks. 

Although the new kit looks ok it's not the one I voted for. I'll be interested to see what the away option is for design and colours. Def not a fan of Hummell but we'll see how they perform with supplying kits and replicas.

Although the new kit looks ok it's not the one I voted for. I'll be interested to see what the away option is for design and colours. Def not a fan of Hummell but we'll see how they perform with supplying kits and replicas.
Should be okay, I can't remember any issues in the past with FootballNation supplying the gear.

C'mon the bloohibeez! (At least the shorts and socks aren't white and blue respectively.)

Said before I thought existing colours were great, so why bother changing things.

However, and this is exceedingly premature, if we progress in the playoffs beyond expectations, having a distinctive, attractive kit, including polo shirts, that are likely to sell well, would be a vital source of increased revenue for the club.

I don't live there but how good would it be to see more Montrose shirts being worn about the town and beyond?

If people like the look of this kit, I only hope the quality, price and supply of replica kits etc. is sufficient to be a boost for the team.

Feels weird how this is a growing consideration as the club's fortunes improve.

Four years ago, the successful marketing of replica kits would have been the very least of the Mo's concerns.

Good times!

Have work commitments in Aberdeen this morning so can't make the Dumfries trip but will be refreshing twitter all afternoon most likely from Cove game.
An excellent season might end this afternoon or it may continue for another 2 games - either way, on and off the park they've done a fantastic job and hope all going down have a great day!

14 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Looks pretty cool to me. I'm also kinda glad that they're going for blue shorts and white socks. 

The only thing that will spoil the official team kits will be the SFL sleeve logos that sit between the V on the sleeve, it did in Airdries kit and looked  silly,nice kit though and expect good quality..

The last couple of years have seen a fantastic turn around in Montrose fortunes which I am glad to see, from almost dropping out the league to going on to win League 2 and the subsequent promotion playoff spot this season. 

I hope the amazing journey continues on after this afternoon, as to get within 2 games of the Championship would be incredible.

All the best for the trip to Queens.