Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Any word on how Chris Templeman's monkey gland surgery went and whether or not he's being offered a new contract on the basis that he will be ten years younger? 

E.T.A. You have to feel for the now 6' 5" slightly arthritic monkey though.

Edited by Brummo
Just because.

That relegation play off being introduced has had the desired affect on a club like Montrose. Good to see. Forced you to get your act together and from finishing bottom of the basement League now got a play off game against a team featuring Stephen Dobbie to potentially be in the same league as giants such as Dundee, United, Arbroath and Partick Thistle

Fair play

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That relegation play off being introduced has had the desired affect on a club like Montrose. Good to see. Forced you to get your act together and from finishing bottom of the basement League now got a play off game against a team featuring Stephen Dobbie to potentially be in the same league as giants such as Dundee, United, Arbroath and Partick Thistle

Fair play

Cheers for that 1320. Be good to go up but feel maybe a year early but as was said on Saturday nothing  to lose and let's make a bloody good go at it.

Easy 12 pts off Dundee next season and as Dick said on Off the Ball  4 home games with Dundee and piss United would cover the budget for the season.

All the best to you lads next season and hope we see you there

Fair play
Enjoyed reading that comment until you described Arbroath as giants. [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fair play

Being club 42 had the desired effect, however it was giving SP a chance to be a manager that has pushed us on a lot quicker than even the most optimistic fan would of thought.  His professionalism in getting his back room staff sorted has been immense.  Throw in the togetherness of the squad it’s been a helluva ride. 

Fair play
We will give it a go that's for sure anyway.Stephen Dobbie is some boy in front of goal some record he has,this will by no means be an easy task.With the addition of Ballantyne and nitvreally losing any player's next year we will hopefully get stronger and stronger.Some record Sp has man is a legend already at the club.

3 minutes ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Being club 42 had the desired effect, however it was giving SP a chance to be a manager that has pushed us on a lot quicker than even the most optimistic fan would of thought.  His professionalism in getting his back room staff sorted has been immense.  Throw in the togetherness of the squad it’s been a helluva ride. 

A helluva ride that will keep on rolling

Enjoyed reading that comment until you described Arbroath as giants. [emoji23]

That was possibly a tongue in cheek comment [emoji102]

But yeah. Our average this season will work out to be about 1000 over 18 games, 18k in total. If Dundee and United are in the league reckon we could get 16k from they games alone never mind the other 14. Couldn't have picked a better season to go up if that does turn out to be the case.

Reading the match thread and it doesn't look like Dobbie is fit anyway so chance there he's definitely their main man. A Forfar Montrose final would be some carry on would probably pop along to that if it happened

30 minutes ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Quite right and I'd add to that. The togetherness spreads right throughout the club - President, Chairman,The Board, the backroom staff, Manager and his staff, players, MFC Community Trust AND the fans. In total the 'Montrose Family.'

Great news getting Cammy Ballantyne back.

QoS have sacked Gary Naysmyth (his East Fife sides always did well against us) so game on for this week. There's no pressure at all on us so we can enjoy the experience and hope it stands us in good stead. I'm not sure what's happened to QoS lately, surprised to see them figuring in the play-offs and hope we are catching them at a good time. Certainly looks like it.

A Forfar play off final would indeed be some carry-on.

Good luck to Mo for the play offs. Absolutely brilliant first season in L1. How do Mo fans and the club in general feel about promotion. Does the club really want it? Or are the Board afraid of going up and then back down Brechin style(and down again to L2). Hope the long suffering fans enjoy it- you deserve it.

Worse case scenario you get a bit of extra cash from the extra games. Our old chairman Frank Meade loved the play offs as it was 2 games with 1000+ , was like winning the lottery.

Good luck to Mo for the play offs. Absolutely brilliant first season in L1. How do Mo fans and the club in general feel about promotion. Does the club really want it? Or are the Board afraid of going up and then back down Brechin style(and down again to L2). Hope the long suffering fans enjoy it- you deserve it.
Worse case scenario you get a bit of extra cash from the extra games. Our old chairman Frank Meade loved the play offs as it was 2 games with 1000+ , was like winning the lottery.
For me if we went up (big if I know) I think with 2 other part time teams in the league it gives us a better chance of avoiding a 'full' Brechin and getting some wins on the board. I feel we are better equipped than when Brechin went up but I would expect us to struggle no doubt.
With Arbroath, one Dundee side in the league possibly two I'm sure the board would love it. In fact I'd think we'd have less travel as well through the season.

You have to aspire to go as high as you can, and as long as we don't blow all the money up there then take it as it comes.

The one thing I've noticed with the change in the club is with the make up of the crowds we get. During the preceding years before the Brora playoff you would see the same middle aged people watching us week in and out. Crowds shrinking and an apathy in the town to their club. Now there are younger fans there, community and schools involved at the ground through the week. Teams through the ages and hopefully one or two starting to come through. The long term future looks brighter.

18 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

For me if we went up (big if I know) I think with 2 other part time teams in the league it gives us a better chance of avoiding a 'full' Brechin and getting some wins on the board. I feel we are better equipped than when Brechin went up but I would expect us to struggle no doubt.
With Arbroath, one Dundee side in the league possibly two I'm sure the board would love it. In fact I'd think we'd have less travel as well through the season.

You have to aspire to go as high as you can, and as long as we don't blow all the money up there then take it as it comes.

The one thing I've noticed with the change in the club is with the make up of the crowds we get. During the preceding years before the Brora playoff you would see the same middle aged people watching us week in and out. Crowds shrinking and an apathy in the town to their club. Now there are younger fans there, community and schools involved at the ground through the week. Teams through the ages and hopefully one or two starting to come through. The long term future looks brighter.

Good to hear the fan base is increasing. The few years Rovers were in L1 our crowds went down. I think you have to go for it. The manager has done a great job.

Really hoping that this has a very different outcome from our Cup game against the Arabs,  in which we fell short by a country mile.

Dobbie will be a handful that's for sure.

If SP and the team perform to their capabilities, even without Temps, we should be a better / more savvy team, than a season or so back when we faced Queens in cup competitions. We weren't disgraced then, so why shouldn't the Mo do even better tonight and on Saturday, to doon the Doonhamers?

Come on ye Mo!