Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

very true, it was myself and monthemo (plus I think one other) who were the Mo support that day. :lol:  The likes of Marek Tomana and Paul Tosh in the side (Tosh scored a goal with contemptuous ease in that game).

Berwick were absolutely chronic as I remember but they'd probably kill for that team in their current situation.

very true, it was myself and monthemo (plus I think one other) who were the Mo support that day. [emoji38]  The likes of Marek Tomana and Paul Tosh in the side (Tosh scored a goal with contemptuous ease in that game).
Berwick were absolutely chronic as I remember but they'd probably kill for that team in their current situation.
Berwick well and truly fucked now,mental to think they could be out the league in a few weeks....Can't say they will be missed from me anyway.

Berwick well and truly fucked now,mental to think they could be out the league in a few weeks....Can't say they will be missed from me anyway.
TBH, I first went to Berwick to watch Montrose about five years ago and it quickly became one of my favourite trips. Had to be by train and first class of course [emoji4]

TBH, I first went to Berwick to watch Montrose about five years ago and it quickly became one of my favourite trips. Had to be by train and first class of course [emoji4]
Took a massive dislike to Berwick the year we were in the pyramid to be honest. Never forget some of the comments on here when we were rank rotten and finished bottom.....Karma

I find it more amusing that what some Berwick fans were accusing us of they have become.

Its still a horrendous thing to go through but as time goes on if the SPFL and SFA get their act together it it won't be such a cliff edge that it is dropping in to the LL.

HFL however.....

11 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

I find it more amusing that what some Berwick fans were accusing us of they have become.

Its still a horrendous thing to go through but as time goes on if the SPFL and SFA get their act together it it won't be such a cliff edge that it is dropping in to the LL.

HFL however.....

Yes, wonder if hibeejibee is quite such an enthusiastic proponent of the pyramid system now? 

Of course, his like will be pointing out how good for us being in that playoff was, that it gave the club a much needed kick up the @rse. I am still ambivalent about pyramid because while it seems to make sense, rather than benefiting football across the country, I feel it currently favours clubs with rich benefactors or those close to major population centres. Maybe such is life but is it inevitable or should the SPFL and SFA be doing more to encourage a different approach?

When Annan were chosen to replace Gretna, I'm guessing that it was in part due to their also being from south west Scotland.

Re. relegation situation, I wonder if reassigning Angus teams to LL if losers of SPFL2 playoff, would not be best solution. As you've pointed out, HL is very, very bad option.

Edited by Brummo
Punctuation.

Took a massive dislike to Berwick the year we were in the pyramid to be honest. Never forget some of the comments on here when we were rank rotten and finished bottom.....Karma

You being shite meant we got the merge Angus patter from them too

Currently as part time teams 3 of the Angus sides are the 2nd / 3rd and 4th best part time teams in the country [emoji14]

Whilst Berwick are bottom of league 2, they're not just bad either. They're absolutely fucking hopeless lol

14 hours ago, mo83 said:
15 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:
TBH, I first went to Berwick to watch Montrose about five years ago and it quickly became one of my favourite trips. Had to be by train and first class of course emoji4.png

"play off", Shirley?

And despite the defeat, a missed pen for the Fifers and no more than a draw with Stenny means we're guaranteed fourth.

Well done the Mo! Looking forward to the rest of the season, whatever happens.

Edited by Brummo
Two means...

Can anyone confirm how the playoffs work? Are we at home in the first leg?

For us generally the playoffs mean getting pumped out at the semi-final stage.

My understanding is we are at home on the 7th or 8th.

Then away on the Saturday as per screenshot.

I'm home after around 12 weeks away on the 8th so manage to get the away leg on the Saturday so would like to take this chance to thank the management and team to making it possible to see some more football. I'd also like to apologise to all the Mo fans for the inevitable in advance of it happening on the Saturday. It's my fault.

I guess if its QotS or Alloa the travelling support won't be big midweek so not a massive money spinner.

Who are we all hoping for? Still like QotS for the away trip on the Saturday. 5cc4afff075a5_Screenshot_20190427-203751_DuckDuckGo2.thumb.jpg.e548a6cc16ad11566d70724e523fab33.jpg

It's a shame Foxy couldn't get a send off on the pitch.

Assuming Falkirk go straight down, I wouldn't be afraid of any of Thistle/Queens/Alloa. However, all three would be tricky over two legs.

From the little I've seen of the league and using sweeping assumptions, a Dobbie-less QOS is probably the best shot on paper. Dumfries is a nice town to visit, too. Alloa are a bit like us - hardworking and tough to knock over, Thistle appear to have more powerful options going forward, but are scatty and inconsistent. As long as we don't show too much respect like the Dundee United game, I think we'll give any of them a run. 

Edited by Scorge

I know we got beat today,but holy shit we are in the play offs,I wasn't at the game so can't comment how we played.Massive congratulations to the team for getting into the play offs in a very tough league. How far have we come under Sp and his team it's menta!!!
Last wee word for Berwick Rangers....Nae luck

It's a shame Foxy couldn't get a send off on the pitch.

I suspect if you guys had nothing to play for today he'd have been given a 10 minute cameo in front of the Forfar fans.
Best player bar Brewster to have played for the Loons in my time IMHO.