Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Done, thanks.

I originally went on @MontroseFC and they pointed me to FB or to send a tweet including #hummelme to @MontroseFC 

The @MFCSC link is far easier.

Vote early, vote often, vote number 4 - although admitedly the "blue Hibby" shirt has some retro chic about it.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:
I quite like them all, the first 2 look the best imo 

Aye theirs no really a bad one to be honest

I don't like the collar detail of the first one. Why have sleeves different from the body of the shirt for two and three? Certainly don't like royal blue with dark blue sleeves. 

Being largely of the "if it ain't broke, why try and fix it school of thought", four makes the most sense. If we have to put up with the Hummel chevrons or whatever they are, so be it but the current kit looks plain, simple and elegant/classy.

I'm old enough to lived through the puke with diced carrot abominations of kits from the '80's/90's, and if you have too, you will know why for me the simpler the kit design, the better.

Edited by Brummo
Accuracy following judicial review of worst kits ever.

51 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Used to have that white matchwinner kit with the blue and red wavy lines crossing at the top.
Loved that top. Most other matchwinner weren't great of that era.

I still have a purple, blue and white strobe pattern effect shirt in a drawer back in Scotland. I think there's a framed version of it in the hospitality area of the stand at Links Park.

I actually thought it was pretty cool like at the time, when you could use phrases like "pretty cool like"!

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

I don't like the collar detail of the first one. Why have sleeves different from the body of the shirt for two and three? Certainly don't like royal blue with dark blue sleeves. 

Being largely of the "if it ain't broke, why try and fix it school of thought", four makes the most sense. If we have to put up with the Hummel chevrons or whatever they are, so be it but the current kit looks plain, simple and elegant/classy.

I'm old enough to lived through the puke with diced carrot abominations of kits from the '80's/90's, and if you have too, you will know why for me the simpler the kit design, the better.

I loved the 'puke with diced carrot top', my all time favourite. Im more concerned whether they'll have any mega fat b*****d sizes for me!!

7 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

This is the worst Mo kit of all time...

montrose_1996-1998.gif

I used to cringe like f**k every time they ran onto the park in that abomination. It's no coincidence that the launch of that kit in 1995  coincided with the start of our 20 odd years of mediocrity.

As Frank Carson used to say: "that's a cracker"!

Aye, a Christmas cracker! 

Copying the big team down the road, Petrie like Sir Dick come in when team was at the bottom end of league 2, then go on to win league 1 in first full season then into 4th in league 1 the next season? 

League 1 winners perhaps next season, Although would be a right good laugh if you lot come up and the dundee teams stayed down 

This is the worst Mo kit of all time...
montrose_1996-1998.gif&key=2f3971036d11c5d9d9198f9c732572f852dcd4bc09aeac8e2d4cd9c69d3935ae
I used to cringe like f**k every time they ran onto the park in that abomination. It's no coincidence that the launch of that kit in 1995  coincided with the start of our 20 odd years of mediocrity.

I remember going to a challenge cup tie at Links pk when I lived in Montrose, they wore that kit that night, it was dreadful

On a different theme, when was the last time you lot were as high in the football pyramid

7 minutes ago, ecto said:

I remember going to a challenge cup tie at Links pk when I lived in Montrose, they wore that kit that night, it was dreadful

On a different theme, when was the last time you lot were as high in the football pyramid

When we were relegated from the old first division at the end of 91/92 we were the 23rd placed team in scotland. I don't think we've been as high as that since.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Remember when Montrose were close to falling out of League Two? Some achievement since then and a play-off place would be incredible.

Petrie has worked wonders since he took over. Also great to see is the club much more involved in the community. Success on the pitch seems to be leading to increased sponsorship. All in all, at the moment, things are looking pretty good. Key to that is keeping hold of Petrie for the next couple of years