Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Are we still interested in McGuigan?  If so, does that make sense bearing in mind how his season has gone with Stenny? How do people rate him, going by what they saw on Saturday and other games? 

Actually looking forward to the rest of the season but hoping just having said that doesn't come round and bite me on the bahookey. A couple of good results this week and next will certainly set up a great finale to the campaign.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
3 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
Having you on! Yes I have heard from a couple of sources. Just wondered if you were going to reveal to everyone else haha

He should have never have left in the first place.Get big sanny back and we will be all the way ha ha

Wanted to try new things but not surprised he wants to re-join the Champions.

I agree

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Don't mean any disrespect here, but I'll be amazed if Cammy is with Montrose next year. He's easily good enough to step up to the Championship. Fair fucks to you guys if you have signed him up though.

I agree Moonster! He is good enough for the championship and in my opinion should have been given at least another year at United however this is a rumour that has been going about for a few weeks. He did love his time with the club and loved playing for Petrie.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Don't mean any disrespect here, but I'll be amazed if Cammy is with Montrose next year. He's easily good enough to step up to the Championship. Fair fucks to you guys if you have signed him up though.

All that Tory money in Angus funding his wages.

It was evident that SP was absolutely raging with Fleming letting in that Stranraer free kick on Saturday. He wont be happy with not getting a clean sheet but clearly felt Flem could have done better.

I personally would be surprised if Flem is with us next year as I think SP is getting more and more annoyed with him. It will not be easy to get two good keepers in the summer.

It was evident that SP was absolutely raging with Fleming letting in that Stranraer free kick on Saturday. He wont be happy with not getting a clean sheet but clearly felt Flem could have done better.
I personally would be surprised if Flem is with us next year as I think SP is getting more and more annoyed with him. It will not be easy to get two good keepers in the summer.

Problem here is he has no competition. Error was letting Jordan Millar go without being replaced by somebody that could challenge for the position. Certainly will be an area to improve next season.

I reckon we should stop having a go at Seagull. Only the week before he was voted MOTM and his form has generally been good this season. Yes a few hoolies here and there but some game saving efforts as well. He's a decent keeper at L1 level. When he first came he wouldn't come off his line for crosses and I was furious with him but since Jim Butter came back Flem has improved dramatically - but as I say he is a L1 keeper for a reason. It was a well hit hard free kick and despite the wall Flem still had to cover his left as well for a dink over the wall - credit to the lad who hit it. 

I reckon we should stop having a go at Seagull. Only the week before he was voted MOTM and his form has generally been good this season. Yes a few hoolies here and there but some game saving efforts as well. He's a decent keeper at L1 level. When he first came he wouldn't come off his line for crosses and I was furious with him but since Jim Butter came back Flem has improved dramatically - but as I say he is a L1 keeper for a reason. It was a well hit hard free kick and despite the wall Flem still had to cover his left as well for a dink over the wall - credit to the lad who hit it. 

My view too. He will have competition next year but, I’ll be okay if he beats him out, as he did this year.

No one is having a go at him. All I was saying was that I think SP is getting more and more annoyed with him. Flem has done a great job in the time he has been with us so I agree with you.

I honestly don't think we can place much weight on some of the MOTM Awards. They are regularly picked by sponsors who have close links with the club or specific players.

It is a very welcome source of income for the club, but often their pick can be way off.

Looking forward to this evenings game. Always good to get in a midweek match and hoping recent good results (not necessarily performances) continue.

Disappointing that by all accounts the Mo didn't play that well. Was it just because the opposition were more of a test than in previous weeks?

The run in is pretty tough, including this coming Saturday.

It is probably pointless speculating .

If we have enough in the tank, we'll make the playoffs at the right end of the table.

Just hope we avoid an end of season wipeout. Had thought we were back on the rails after our earlier wobble. 

Can we bounce back against East Fife please? 

Disappointing that by all accounts the Mo didn't play that well. Was it just because the opposition were more of a test than in previous weeks?
The run in is pretty tough, including this coming Saturday.
It is probably pointless speculating .
If we have enough in the tank, we'll make the playoffs at the right end of the table.
Just hope we avoid an end of season wipeout. Had thought we were back on the rails after our earlier wobble. 
Can we bounce back against East Fife please? 
Very poor yesterday. I wouldn't have changed the team from Brechin midweek to be honest.Webby looked lost as did Rennie they weren't at the race's at all.Only player up for it was Masson I would have said. 4 game's to go let's see where it takes us.

More fantasy journalism from the BBC website...

"And East Fife took advantage of Montrose's defeat to leapfrog them into fourth."

Demand an instant refund of your license fee!

Still, a lot better coverage than if we'd been in the Highland League : http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47840723

... so overall, thankful for small mercies.

Edited by Brummo
Spacing

What a fantastic wee run the team are on. Whenever we get a sticky patch this team always come through it stronger seemingly. Nice time to be putting points up on the board this time of season.

If you said to me before a ball was kicked this season that with 3 games to go we had a chance of making the playoffs I would've assumed trying to get to 9th.

9 seasons ago we didn't win a league game until Jan. What a difference and journey its been.