Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

11 minutes ago, peternapper said:

On our site you have signed Russell McLean from us for a undisclosed fee. Could develop into a decent striker as still young, for his height does not win enough in the air but showed at times he can score. Would wish him well.

Announced by Montrose at 7pm.  Petrie tried to get him last summer IIRC.

On our site you have signed Russell McLean from us for a undisclosed fee. Could develop into a decent striker as still young, for his height does not win enough in the air but showed at times he can score. Would wish him well.
Very happy with this signing,looked very handy last year when we were in the same league.

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:
28 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Very happy with this signing,looked very handy last year when we were in the same league.

Frustrated a lot of our support, I liked him & think he could improve given a chance, certainly not a Templeman but will score goals. Hope he does well.

McLean was largely kept out of the team by McAllister but when the latter got injured away at Annan late last season (and right in front of watching me!) I thought that was Peterhead's chances gone. Not a bit of it. McLean came on and scored a hat-trick and I thought right then the Mo should go for him. I'll be surprised if he doesn't do well in our present team. At Annan I seem to recall  he even took and scored a penalty as well. 

On the face of it therefore if the lad is right up for the challenge I think it's a good piece of business. Peterhead have been a bit of a thorn in our side since elevation to the SPFL but I wish them well for the rest of this season.

8 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

edMcLean was largely kept out of the team by McAllister but when the latter got injured away at Annan late last season (and right in front of watching me!) I thought that was Peterhead's chances gone. Not a bit of it. McLean came on and scored a hat-trick and I thought right then the Mo should go for him. I'll be surprised if he doesn't do well in our present team. At Annan I seem to recall  he even took and scored a penalty as well. 

On the face of it therefore if the lad is right up for the challenge I think it's a good piece of business. Peterhead have been a bit of a thorn in our side since elevation to the SPFL but I wish them well for the rest of this season.

Was at that game at Annan and Rusty stepped up to the plate when Rory was out for a while & even ended up covering at the back during the play-offs.  He does not lack confidence & sometimes looks a bit of a loner. Think he will do well but would have been difficult to get a place up top with us as we have quite a few options there.

Edited by peternapper

Got to be happy with McLean. Sad to see Ferguson, Cavanagh and Millar go but to see Milne and McLean come in I think the club has carried out brilliant business this window. Genuine quality and you can already tell SP and Ross are gearing up for next season. McLean looked a very good player with a lot of potential last season, just seems to have lost his way a bit this season and he was always going to struggle to get a starting place with Lyle signing for Peterhead in the summer.

One less competition as Josh Skelly is back out on loan for the rest of the season. My two-penneth worth - we can all see that we are missing a regular box scorer and SP will know it better than anyone. According to reports on here we had the money for a transfer of Mark McGuigan from Stenhousemuir but, he preferred to see what he is offered in the summer. So SP used some of that money on Russell McLean, a player he had a look at acquiring in the summer. My only reservation is he wasn't starting for Peterhead from what I can see. The Peterhead thread has people regretting his move - which is a good sign. All in all I welcome him to the Mo and looking forward to seeing him in action.

On 1/27/2019 at 04:36, Best Team in Angus said:

Are u coming to join us in the relegation battle :whistle

No issue with you "Brehchiners" (sic Gordon Ramsay) joining the mid-table party.  Hoping the Mo can push on and continue to build.

Not envious of Brechin's current situation in the least, which is something, considering our own inglorious recent and not-so-recent past. Hope they can turn the corner, as I wouldn't want us to be the only Angus team in this league.

Full respect to Brechin and their fans.  If there's anyone who knows what they are going through - it's us.

I don't like to see any club having a hard time but unfortunately it happens and the structure of Scottish football at present only adds to it.  I could think of worse clubs (and fans) it could happen to.

8 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Thats what Farfar said !!!

And it's true. The Loons with Baird and Easton up front can give any team in this league a run for their money.

Montrose are getting there. Hopefully with Milne and McLean adding to who we've got, we have more bite up front, which takes pressure off our defence. It's early days since January transfer window closed but things looking a bit tastier for fans of the "Angus Azzurri".

Edited by Brummo
"z"

6 minutes ago, Brummo said:

And it's true. The Loons with Baird and Easton up front can give any team in this league a run for their money.

Montrose are getting there. Hopefully with Milne and McLean adding to who we've got, we have more bite up front, which takes pressure off our defence. It's early days since January transfer window closed but things looking a bit tastier for fans of the "Angus Azzurri".

It also helps playing pish teams like Brechin :lol: ( although I was not there yesterday it would appear we still have not sorted out the Dods issues ) anyway good luck to the Mo the long suffering fans deserve some success I am also very happy for John Crawford a Montrose man thru and thru )

Just watching the highlights reminded me that I thought Lewis Milne fitted in well against Brechin. He was either rusty or not on his game at Dumbarton but showed glimpses of his old self last Saturday. Mind you we'll play better sides than Brechin but at least it helps him to slot into his game within the squad this season. 

We surely would have looked at the run of the last 3 league games as a chance to open up a gap between us and the relegation spots. However, that's 5 dropped points against the bottom 3 in the last 3.

Important 2 weeks now with Forfar and Raith to play.

Hi guys,

I am currently doing some research looking at the fan experience of attending football games in the SPFL. Therefore, I am looking for some feedback regarding the experience of going to Links park and how well you feel the club engage with the supporters. 

Some things to consider are: 

- Where do you look for information about the club? (Website, social media, newspaper etc)

- what do enjoy most about going to Links Park? (What are its strengths?) 

- Is there anything you'd like to see improved? (excluding results on the pitch)

- have you seen anything at other SPFL grounds that you feel the club could replicate?

- Do you feel the club communicates well with the supporters?

Any feedback is much appreciated and good luck for the game on Saturday!