Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

TBH should've been given his chance when Sheerin left instead of Moore but heyho that's history now.

Likewise at Forfar as well,a lot of Forfar fans thought sp would get a chance with them.The way Montrose Fc as a club has changed over the last couple years is unbelievable.

How has Euan Henderson been doing for you?

He’s been a bit up and down. Couldn’t get in the side in the first quarter. Played well for a few weeks in Nov/Dec when we went with 3 upfront but got hooked at halftime on Saturday. The boy has potential and a good turn of pace. Very much a work in progress. Which I guess is why he’s staying around for the rest of the season.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:22, GableEnder21 said:

CJ signing on again for next season. He has improved greatly since he joined the club. Always gives 100% and clearly loves playing for the badge.

Happy enough CJ has been given an extension to his contract,not happy Masson was given an extension,he was on my big list of players to be punted at the end of the season.We are now into the second half of the transfer window and it looks like we are signing hee -haw,does SP think we have enough in the tank to keep us away from the relegation play-offs, hope so                                        

5 hours ago, MoJest said:

Happy enough CJ has been given an extension to his contract,not happy Masson was given an extension,he was on my big list of players to be punted at the end of the season.We are now into the second half of the transfer window and it looks like we are signing hee -haw,does SP think we have enough in the tank to keep us away from the relegation play-offs, hope so                                        

Don't agree with you about Masson. He is an all action utility player who can play in a number of positions. Maybe he plays his best games away from home which most fans won't see but in his roaming style supporting a weak front line he has been outstanding in some games and should be given more credit. True he's had some iffy games as well but you could say that about a few others too. Paul Watson also has his critics but since he got back in the side in midfield he's made a helluva big difference in my opinion. Still we are all entitled to our views and it's been a squad effort to get us where we are right now. 

Don't agree with you about Masson. He is an all action utility player who can play in a number of positions. Maybe he plays his best games away from home which most fans won't see but in his roaming style supporting a weak front line he has been outstanding in some games and should be given more credit. True he's had some iffy games as well but you could say that about a few others too. Paul Watson also has his critics but since he got back in the side in midfield he's made a helluva big difference in my opinion. Still we are all entitled to our views and it's been a squad effort to get us where we are right now. 
True that. Couldn't put it any better.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:22, GableEnder21 said:

CJ signing on again for next season. He has improved greatly since he joined the club. Always gives 100% and clearly loves playing for the badge.

I think everyone can guess my feelings on this matter......... 

Was hoping we would have had a signing or two in by now to be fair.Lewis Hawke seems to be staying at queens,Mark Mcguigan talks seems to have went all quiet as well.Lewis Milne is this still a possible option in the window?

30 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Was hoping we would have had a signing or two in by now to be fair.Lewis Hawke seems to be staying at queens,Mark Mcguigan talks seems to have went all quiet as well.Lewis Milne is this still a possible option in the window?

Mark McGuigan staying with Stenny till summer and then looking at options. Can`t blame him really .Montrose had 2 bids knocked back.

Huge game next Saturday against Dumbarton. Although we have played two very good teams in the last two weeks we have not been at our best and with no new signings I am slightly worried. Dumbarton, Brechin and Stenny next, i think we have got to be looking at getting at least 7 points.

A goal scorer must be the hardest position to find and I guess it doesn't help when Arbroath are down by the head with them. But they can attract players being where they are at the moment.

We will become a more attractive proposition I guess as time progresses into next year if the club goes forward as planned. But with Skelly coming back and the CJ news I doubt we will get anyone coming in.

Coupled with SP being careful to bring in the right character's it can't be many options and not an easy task. But I'm happy enough with that approach. You just need to look in this division to see a team whose sum is less than its parts and fans prior to a ball being kicked delighted with the transfers completed. Now spewing as some players have the wrong attitude and not much money to change things this January. If it takes time then so be it.

The one thing is if anyone does come in, they will be improved under this management team.

7 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Huge game next Saturday against Dumbarton. Although we have played two very good teams in the last two weeks we have not been at our best and with no new signings I am slightly worried.

I wouldn’t be worried, we don’t have a team.