Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

I don’t think it’s a great signing, you already have decent players in the middle of the park that can do what Cregg can.
Both getting on foxy and Watson their the only really ball players in the middle of the park.Masson and Redman the ball winners I reckon it could turn out a good bit of bussinees time will tell.

Padge :wub:

Five years ago away to Rosenberg he was incredible as we won 1-0, totally irrelevant but people need reminded of how good he once was. 

If you get a fraction of that player he'll do well for you. 

Both getting on foxy and Watson their the only really ball players in the middle of the park.Masson and Redman the ball winners I reckon it could turn out a good bit of bussinees time will tell.

Possibly. What you’ve just said was my thinking too though. Sort of have 2 players each for both roles.

Could’ve put it towards a striker.

Possibly. What you’ve just said was my thinking too though. Sort of have 2 players each for both roles.

Could’ve put it towards a striker.
We will see his logic over the course of the season,we have still have Callaghan aswell in that position! Good for injury's and suspension I suppose plenty of options in that area for sp to think about.Two player's in at present can't see much of the budget been touched yet, both won't be on big wages,Gary Fraser wage now freed so hopefully sp can attract a decent striker to the club.

We will see his logic over the course of the season,we have still have Callaghan aswell in that position! Good for injury's and suspension I suppose plenty of options in that area for sp to think about.Two player's in at present can't see much of the budget been touched yet, both won't be on big wages,Gary Fraser wage now freed so hopefully sp can attract a decent striker to the club.

Hopefully yer man Fraser was just helping us out the other night seeing as we were so short on players... if we’re going to let Kane go on loan and him warm the bench instead it would seem rather strange to me.

The first half is why I rarely attend friendlies.  The first half we were never going to score in a thousand years and went two behind to a hard working Cove side.  Big difference in the second half.  A change of personnel and attitude meant we controlled the second half, scored three and Cove never looked like scoring again.    There was some pretty hard tackling done by Cove in the last quarter of the game and it was easy to see why there was 3 players sent off against Cowdenbeath in the last game of last season.  A young referee did ok in a nothing at stake training exercise but on two occasions he brought play back when we would have benefited from him playing advantage.

The cup tie at Cove next month is something to look forward to but hopefully a more experienced referee will be appointed.

Mo were frankly woeful in the first half with key players not playing and one or two simply not fussed - not good enough in my opinion even for pitch time in a friendly. SP without doubt will have read the riot act at half time and rightly so. Could have been 0-4 down at half time.

Second half we were a different team even with only at first a couple of subs on. Quickly scored 3 times and would have had more but for the referee who failed to play advantage twice when we were clean through. Cavanagh was good today - best I've seen of him. He played his own game with a gutsy second half [performance. Still much to do but if he carries on like that he might be OK but still needs an experienced striker alongside. Rennie took his goals well but again, he is still raw and we need experience a guile up top. Rennie will improve as the season goes on  but we need to hit the ground running before that. Still work to do.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Any word yesterday about any possible signings coming in?Was hoping for a couple more trialists to be on show especially striker wise.

Nothing I heard. Looks like it'll be loan signings but you never know, there's still players out there not yet fixed up and will be panicking soon. Some are full timers who maybe have to drop to part time.

Also I see on the L2 thread (yes, I can't help still looking through that) that Shane Sutherland wants to leave Elgin. He'd fit in nicely for us up front. Wonder if SP is aware?

Course he’s aware. As I said in a previous post. Elgin want £20000 and Sutherland at a guess £300  -£350, plus bonus, per week. Match that and there is a fair chance you will get him.

That's no happening. In fact any part time club spending that plus wages are putting some hole in their budget when there's no guarantees in football any signing will keep fit through the season and maintain form etc. 

2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

That's no happening. In fact any part time club spending that plus wages are putting some hole in their budget when there's no guarantees in football any signing will keep fit through the season and maintain form etc. 

Bloo Toon maybe would... or one of  the "ambitious" bank-rolled Highland League outfits

Edited by Brummo
Just coz

17 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

........ any part time club spending that plus wages are putting some hole in their budget when there's no guarantees in football any signing will keep fit through the season and maintain form etc. 

Agreed. The £20k price tag is a non starter for most Scottish clubs these days but he presumably could depart for nowt at the end of his contract. £300 - 350 wages not out of the way for some clubs though. Not gonna go into detail but that's happened in both L1 and L2 in recent times as you probably know. Shane has had an injury though and not long back on the pitch so always a risk until he proves his fitness. Was impressive against Mo in the last game last season so good luck to the lad with his fitness. Elgin are in dreamland if it's right they put a £20k price tag on him though.

On the Mo front Rennie took his goals well against Cove and is well capable of being a 20 goals a season lad and he'll be on nowhere near £300 a week. Just needs to use his body weight and size a bit more i.e. put himself about a bit more - get a bit more streetwise. I'll be rooting for him.