Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

This is a hugely frustrating time for us fans and I'm sure SP has tried hard to get the right bodies in but looks to have been knocked back a couple of times. I've heard nothing concrete about Lewis Milne yet but losing Cammy to Dumbarton surprises me. He should be stepping up to the Championship at least but going there instead of to us - ?? More in that than we know at present.

A few days to go until the Peterhead game and if all else fails there is the loan market to go at yet. IF SP can pull a rabbit out of a hat he's still got plenty of time. Personally I'm not over bothered by the friendlies or the League Cup (but I'll be there) but that 'rabbit' needs to be pulled out before 4/August.

As far as Skelly is concerned I think we must look at that as a squad player - anything better will be a bonus.

Young Rennie has a 20 goal season in him but needs a helluva lot of support around him and there can be no doubt that amount of support is not there just yet. As that EU fella said 'The clock is ticking.'

15 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

but losing Cammy to Dumbarton surprises me. He should be stepping up to the Championship at least but going there instead of to us - ?? More in that than we know at present.

Not being funny here but we're a bigger club, can probably pay more and have a track record for getting players back to full time football in the last 5 or 6 years. By the sounds of it he had 1 offer of a trial from Queen of the South from the Championship, maybe he didn't want to risk 3 or 4 weeks there to miss out on a deal when he has guaranteed games offered to him 25 minutes from his house. What more to it do you think there is?

1 hour ago, MOFOREVER said:

This is a hugely frustrating time for us fans and I'm sure SP has tried hard to get the right bodies in but looks to have been knocked back a couple of times. I've heard nothing concrete about Lewis Milne yet but losing Cammy to Dumbarton surprises me. He should be stepping up to the Championship at least but going there instead of to us - ?? More in that than we know at present.

He probably spoke to Andy Rodgers about the move, who will have put him right. Either that, or he wanted a break from Hamish.

In fairness The Sons are putting together a good squad. All things being equal they will be pushing for promotion back up to the Championship.
We on the other hand I would think will be looking to consolidate in this division, get some money from the derbies and look where we are going into next season.
Maybe a little to downbeat? Not sure but for me it's a good move for Cammy and I hope he continues going from strength to strength.

I'm more concerned about the loss of Lewis Milne at the moment, if true, and where we are getting our goals from.

Won't have long to find out I guess now.

Whilst I was only joking earlier re Milne having a clause in his contract where he could leave for free if a full time club comes in it turns out it's true. See our thread for a screenshot of a news article where your gaffer has said he's pretty much signing for us.

Whilst I was only joking earlier re Milne having a clause in his contract where he could leave for free if a full time club comes in it turns out it's true. See our thread for a screenshot of a news article where your gaffer has said he's pretty much signing for us.

Heard that at end of last week and good luck to Lewis and due to be confirmed this week. Leaves us really short and work to be done before the league campaign starts.

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not being funny here but we're a bigger club, can probably pay more and have a track record for getting players back to full time football in the last 5 or 6 years. By the sounds of it he had 1 offer of a trial from Queen of the South from the Championship, maybe he didn't want to risk 3 or 4 weeks there to miss out on a deal when he has guaranteed games offered to him 25 minutes from his house. What more to it do you think there is?

Taken in the manner intended. Nothing sinister to Dumbarton in what I said, just looking at the players you've signed a few are moving from full time which is unusual for so many to go to the same part time club. At least 3 now is it? Maybe Dumbarton are in a position to offer them better money or something outside of football - footballers talk to each other and I'm not suggesting a fall out at Montrose but Cammy was well settled here in a squad with a fantastic dressing room atmosphere.

Good luck to him, no probs there. But by the way the Sons might be a 'bigger' club in some ways but at present you are a League 1 club like us and your new ground is still a long way short of being a decent stadium. Is it still only one side open? 

2 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Taken in the manner intended. Nothing sinister to Dumbarton in what I said, just looking at the players you've signed a few are moving from full time which is unusual for so many to go to the same part time club. At least 3 now is it? Maybe Dumbarton are in a position to offer them better money or something outside of football - footballers talk to each other and I'm not suggesting a fall out at Montrose but Cammy was well settled here in a squad with a fantastic dressing room atmosphere.

Good luck to him, no probs there. But by the way the Sons might be a 'bigger' club in some ways but at present you are a League 1 club like us and your new ground is still a long way short of being a decent stadium. Is it still only one side open? 

We do have sponsors who are able to offer full-time work outside of football, but as far as I'm aware Cammy isn't involved with that.

We are a League 1 club yes, but every club in this division isn't the same size.  We only have 1 stand, but I'm not sure how this makes us a smaller club. Despite hosting Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United etc. in recent years we've still only sold it out once or twice.  Building anything bigger would be daft.

I've got a feeling we are in for a long hard season unless SP gets reinforcements in fairly quickly

Since we have lost our top three scorers in Sanny, Fraser and Milne from last season,yes we do need reinforcements and good quality ones as well rather than squad fillers.

I've got a feeling we are in for a long hard season unless SP gets reinforcements in fairly quickly
I've not hit the panic button just yet we still have 4-5 weeks to prepare for league 1 so still plenty of time.
As for Lewis leaving it is going to be a big blow but I'm still confident sp will pull it out the bag with some quality additions to the team.