Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Has there been anything other than a couple of folk on here saying he might join them? Obviously Dumbarton is closer to home for him but I'd have thought he would have signed for us if he wasn't going full time.
Confirmed in the paper this morning

4 hours ago, Aidan said:
4 hours ago, FifeSons said:
Thoughts on Cammy Ballantyne, Gable Endies fans?

Reads the game well, decent pace, can put in a good cross and he's a tremendous dancer.

Cheers.

Hope you finish above the Smokies and shoe stealers (just not us ;)).

Lewis Milne will be a big loss for Montrose was excellent the tail end of last season.What does that leave us with now? Martin Rennie and Craig Johnson as our main strikers.We need at least 2 strikers in now,I hope their is plenty of trialist at the Peterhead game next week to have a look at.Still reckon sp will add a some quality to the squad he knows the step is gonna be hard from league 2 to 1 in sp we trust.

Lewis Milne will be a big loss for Montrose was excellent the tail end of last season.What does that leave us with now? Martin Rennie and Craig Johnson as our main strikers.We need at least 2 strikers in now,I hope their is plenty of trialist at the Peterhead game next week to have a look at.Still reckon sp will add a some quality to the squad he knows the step is gonna be hard from league 2 to 1 in sp we trust.

If we're sticking with the 352 we played last season then Skelly will be played as a striker I'd have thought. We need a right back, a striker and if Milne does go we need a more attacking midfield player. Like you, I have faith in Petrie to bring in the type of guys we need.

If we're sticking with the 352 we played last season then Skelly will be played as a striker I'd have thought. We need a right back, a striker and if Milne does go we need a more attacking midfield player. Like you, I have faith in Petrie to bring in the type of guys we need.

Skelly needs to get fit then have a pre season so don’t expect to see him for a while.

Skelly needs to get fit then have a pre season so don’t expect to see him for a while.
Has he picked up another injury? I know he hasn't played a massive amount but he's been back in the Arbroath squad for about 4 months.

Manager confirmed in paper that he hasn’t started training due to ongoing issue with hamstring and would likely not be included in friendlies or cup matches.

Skelly did some good things for us and I quite liked him but hasn’t scored since 24/12/16 and is a injured a lot. Maybe SP can get something out of him.

Have to say that I’m a little bit concerned at the lack of activity on the signing front at LP. As things stand, from the league winning team, we’ve lost 3 key players in Sanny, Cammy and Lewis (seemingly) and brought in a serially injured front man who doesn’t score many. Hopefully, SP has a few rabbits to pull out of his hat because right now we are well short of what’s needed to stay up.

18 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Have to say that I’m a little bit concerned at the lack of activity on the signing front at LP. As things stand, from the league winning team, we’ve lost 3 key players in Sanny, Cammy and Lewis (seemingly) and brought in a serially injured front man who doesn’t score many. Hopefully, SP has a few rabbits to pull out of his hat because right now we are well short of what’s needed to stay up.

I've been thinking that myself but I'm confident that SP knows what he's doing. 

I rate Skelly very highly, either as wide player in 4 man midfield or as a striker, his set pieces are very dangerous also.

Despite that, it’s a hugely risky signing for Montrose given his injuries. He just never seems to be fit.