Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

First I’ve heard of the Ballantyne rumour. Is he a right-back?
He played as wing back for us on the right. Comfortable on the ball with body strength and a touch above most opposition last year.
For me it would be no exaggeration to say if we didn't get him back in the New Year we wouldn't of gone on to win the league.
Would love to have him back at Links Park.

Heard it on the grapevine.
Heard that as well last night so must be some truth in it.Weird one with him signing a new contract a couple weeks ago.Will wait and see what happens and what sort of money we get if it goes through.

He played as wing back for us on the right. Comfortable on the ball with body strength and a touch above most opposition last year.
For me it would be no exaggeration to say if we didn't get him back in the New Year we wouldn't of gone on to win the league.
Sounds very promising.

We are not anywhere near strong enough up front as it is without Lewis Milne leaving so hope it stays as a rumour only. Think we still need two players for up front as unsure when Skelly will be fit so can’t rely on him.

4 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

He sounds like he would be perfect for us, especially given Stevie seems as if he's keen to do a bit of attacking this year. Hopefully there's some truth in it.

13 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

I thought Lewis did the public signing thingy last month???

He did. Someone threw out his name on our thread for some reason. He signed a 2 year deal so it's a no-goer.

Ballantyne is someone who Raith should absolutely be looking at, so it wouldn't surprise me if Dumbarton end up signing him.

I'd be gutted if Cammy went to another part time club. Would love to see us push the boat out a bit to get him back, especially if we're sticking with the 3 at the back again.

Seems to be just a rumour or whoever it is has gone away to think about it. SP said this afternoon he still hoped to have at least two more in soon. Skelly the new signing is injured and unlikely to feature in the friendlies at least. Things look to be moving in the right direction, but patience required.
Ferguson has signed again after I thought being released initially. Decent squad player though.
A great Family Fun Day today with activities all over the pitch, stands and even the perimeter with Bar - BQ's, face painting and various stalls etc. Good to see all the players attend and give all the kids, and there were loads of them, penalty shoot outs, dribbling contests, autograph signing sessions and lots more. The players did extremely well by generally mingling and chatting to the fans young and old (me  being the latter!). A fantastic event by a great now family orientated football club. Even the Scottish county dancing on the pitch on a warm sunny day was good to watch even to Sassenach me! Well done the Mo.

Pass the secret 8 miles along the road please . City do nothing in and around community bloody irks me

Good luck to Cammy Ballantyne at Dumbarton he has been brilliant for Montrose over the last year and a half.Gutted he will not be in a Mo top next year,think Dumbarton could be a good move for him and it's looking like they are assembling a good squad.

Good luck to Cammy Ballantyne at Dumbarton he has been brilliant for Montrose over the last year and a half.Gutted he will not be in a Mo top next year,think Dumbarton could be a good move for him and it's looking like they are assembling a good squad.
Has there been anything other than a couple of folk on here saying he might join them? Obviously Dumbarton is closer to home for him but I'd have thought he would have signed for us if he wasn't going full time.